Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ecu reset procedure.....

Blog Entries

Would say that's not an unusual design, given that the inner track has zero resistance: https://cdn.instructables.com/F2R/0K...97Q2.LARGE.jpg :-)
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

It has a resistance of approx 1.5k ohms... So quite unusual!!!! That linked one has a metal centre ring, the TPS one is carbon.....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

Ooops, that's indeed unusual
    May I ask how the resulting resistance curve looks like?
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Like a 1k5 resistor on the centre wiper, min 1k5, max 6k8 or there abouts... But the test is all voltage based, 0.5v to 4.5v-ish, but the TPS has a mechanical offset when it's mounted so that would account for the required bottom end offset anyway!

On a more positive note the car is back to pretty much how it was originally, but with a different TCS ECU..... And everything is behaving .... At the moment....
    Last edited by britlude; 28-04-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Update.... Just to be awkward the issue wasn't resolved as I hoped it would be, everything was pretty much returned to how it was with the exception of the TCS computer and the additional wiring I had added to bypass the TPS sensor loom......

Then though a series of unfortunate events and a technical cockup on my part, I managed to kill my engine ECU.... Spiked 12v into the 5v rail, which tends to upset the chips in the computers..... subsequently having no fuel pump control I had to source another..... after purchasing a replacement and crossing my fingers, the engine is running again......

The oscilloscope was still hooked up and the TPS signal was a lot cleaner, far less noise spikes....

As a precaution I also swapped in spare AT controller and TCS units, just in case the spiked 5v rail had affected them, and it seems to be running better than ever, and with an idle where it should have been all the time....

So was it the main ECU all along???? Time will tell...
    Last edited by britlude; 15-05-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    aka Jonathan!!

2500 miles later and all is still behaving, so i think we can call that sorted (usual caveats apply!) no gearbox issues repeated, idle is happily in the 750-800 region on the rev counter and the exhaust i running a lot cleaner.... so ecu all along???
    aka Jonathan!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123