Thread: Headlight removal and sidelight bulb replacement

1. Default Headlight removal and sidelight bulb replacement

Hello,

Carried out a search but struggling to find anything p detailed with pictures for headlight removal so I can replace my sidelight bulbs.

Any my help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Waz

2. Default

I did this recently - see this thread:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...ht-bulb-change

It started off with fog lights, then moved on to side lights. You will be particularly interested in the second page.

Technically you shouldn't need to remove the headlights to change the side light bulbs, there should be a clip under the bumper which releases the side light unit. I have a 96 and mine was corroded solid; I expect yours will be too!

Removal of the headlight unit from the motorised frame is straightforward. Four screws to remove the cover, four bolts to remove the unit from the frame. Remember to pull the headlight motor fuses just in case.

Edited to add that I do have a couple of photos from midway through this process, but can't easily resize them to upload from my phone. Will have a go this evening.
    Last edited by RedCarsGoFaster; 16-04-2019 at 09:34 AM.

3. Default

This NSXPrime thread gives good instructions on removal of the headlight covers.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...oval-technique

IIRC the knack is rotating the cover forwards and then lifting it out vertically.

See attached for photos of two of the four screws on the outside of the headlight cover (there are two more on the other side), of the headlight once the bolts had been removed, and the view into the space below the headlight confirming the working sidelight bulb before I clipped it back in.

Looks alarming having your headlights propped up like that, but it gives them somewhere to sit and opens up access to the inside of the bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1121.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	13674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1117.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	13675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1118.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	13676  

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzz View Post
    Hello,

Carried out a search but struggling to find anything p detailed with pictures for headlight removal so I can replace my sidelight bulbs.

Any my help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Waz
    As these screws are super tight always make sure you use a quality JIS driver bit or you will round them off. 😟
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

They are indeed.

You can then remove the two screws behind them & loosen the two rear ones and hinge the headlamp upwards to point at the sky like a searchlight.

There is then room to access the side lamp.

You might need a pair of water pump pliers to rotate the side lamp bulb holder, as the rubber seal gets a bit sticky and there is limited hand-room for a good purchase.

It'll all make sense once you're in there.
    Nick

I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet its a fantastic car. Its got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so I thoroughly admire that. Rowan Atkinson

6. Default

Appreciate all the help, will give it a bash thanks

Waz