So after having a repetitive issue with the CEL coming on, (code 23 Front KS), ever since I've owned my car (almost 3 years), I think I've finally got to the bottom of it today. Last year I removed the inlet manifold to replace the knock sensor, thinking it was faulty. I replaced both and as I had the manifold off, I did a complete strip down and rebuild of it, which I posted the details in the rebuilds section.

Annoyingly, the rebuild never fixed the CEL coming on with the same error code, so had to suffer it coming on randomly but more regularly, last year. Having been a bit lazy over the winter, not doing anything in the car, I decided to get to the bottom of it, now the car's back on the road for the summer. After a few emails to Kaz, to get his thoughts and make sure I didn't do anything untoward, this morning I did a few continuity checks on the harness and also a voltage check on both wires to the KS's.

At the engine end connector, I was getting 0.2v to the rear KS and 0.03v to the front KS, with ignition on & same with engine running. So, something not right here. Next, I checked continuity or the harness, from the ECU end to the engine end, all good, no breaks in the wires, it would appear. Then I checked the voltage output of the ECU, front KS 0.03v, rear KS 0.2v. Great !! So, removal of the connector, I was hoping for a small spec of dust or a poor connection of the wire, no such luck !! All looking nice and clean. Put the connector back into the ECU, check the voltage again and the same output front KS 0.03v, rear KS 0.2v.

Questions now to the forum, can anyone recommend a decent ECU repair shop, they've used or trust, to get my ECU tested/repaired, or has a friendly member happen to have a spare, who doesn't mind me lending it, so I could do a swap to confirm the ECU is faulty. Failing that, (I can live with it for a while as I already have), I'll have to try and find a second hand one to buy.

Any advice/recommendation will be appreciated chaps.

Regards
Phil