Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 f1

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I think there would be serious safety issues with allowing DRS immediately after safety car release!
    The safety might be their argument for not allowing DRS earlier. But I don't regard it as a serious issue. The pilots are said to be the best drivers out there and they know what to expect from their car in any condition (hot, cold tires). The overall safety is so extremly high nowadays they could take the risk for a little bit more action.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    ..... they could take the risk for a little bit more action.
    In many ways I agree with you, but that's not the world we live in.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    In many ways I agree with you, but that's not the world we live in.
    Unfortunately not. The 70ies and 80ies (when I was young) were a far better time to live in than nowadays in many aspects (economic potential, culture, music, sports etc.). Not sure what to expect after the giant monetary driven economic bubble we live in. i'm might be getting old and maybe outdated but enough OT.

Whilst I'm culling races and with the imminent arrival of Zandvoort back on the calendar for 2020 (a good thing IMHO so long as they haven't buggered about with it too much), Mexico and Sochi can go as well!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I agree with you Ian,

Have watched many a bike race hosted at Zandvoort, so will be keen to see how the F1’s tackle it, especially if they leave the gravel traps in place, they’ll have to stay on the track then!!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Mean while Alonso still finding it tough to hit top form:

https://youtu.be/f_hjawiZH3A
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Fernando and McLaren won't take part in next weekends race...something of an embarrassment all round.

Last year's car, whilst branded as a McLaren, was a turn-key entry run by Andretti Racing. This year McLaren chose to go it alone.

Just goes to show going round in circles isn't as easy as it may look.

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

That's even after getting setup sheets, and bits, from Andretti and Penske overnight and resetting all the car, Alonso effectively driving a new car with no practice!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    That's even after getting setup sheets, and bits, from Andretti and Penske overnight and resetting all the car, Alonso effectively driving a new car with no practice!
    Gosh, I didn't know that.

For the first few practice laps yesterday (before the rain came) the car was running horribly low. Even after raising ride height, it was still bottoming.

I can't help but feel McLaren underestimated the task (and with de Ferran and Brown involved, they really should have) and were woefully under prepared.

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Rest in peace Niki Lauda.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast