Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement battery advice

Thank you Kaz. I’ve accepted pride’s offer but your info would be my next solution.

Many thanks

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    For MT, 31500-SV2-011HE
    It's now £101 RRP. Used to be much cheaper than that.
    12V 65AH
    BCI 525, DIN 250 or uprated by now as the manufature/base model changes over the years and the technology advances.
    CCA 520A (EN) or above.

aka 70D23L-MF for MT model.

Check with your local Honda garage for the delivery schedule.
    Or, just pick up the equivalent from the above link.
    If visiting Halford, look for Yuasa HSB005. Can't go wrong with Yuasa.

Kaz

Blog Entries

Phil, glad you can get the battery within your time frame.

As a side note, I'm waiting with my popcorn out for Pride to report another battery or even acg failure, possibly some point next year….
    Only less than 12 months from last Supercar Sunday event at Silverstone 500.
    Dead battery but ACG regulator was still trying to charge it so it got super-hot.

Kaz

Glad your battery is getting sorted out! Did we ever get to the bottom of prides battery saga????
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Phil, glad you can get the battery within your time frame.

As a side note, I'm waiting with my popcorn out for Pride to report another battery or even acg failure, possibly some point next year….
    Only less than 12 months from last Supercar Sunday event at Silverstone 500.
    Dead battery but ACG regulator was still trying to charge it so it got super-hot.

Kaz
    If I was you I'd put your popcorn on hold Kaz as the charging system and battery power is fully up to speed and showing no problems at all.
    I must admit it was an extreme test of the ACG regulator reliability last year when it almost had a melt down but now just stays cool.

I'm looking forward to the Silverstone 500 again this year with even more tricks and toys on board to show people, I'm hoping they'll be amazed when they see it.

Hopefully I'll see you there.😎
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Glad your battery is getting sorted out! Did we ever get to the bottom of prides battery saga????
    Just for Jonathan here's a copy my last posting of the battery saga:

And now the mystery of my brand new replacement Honda flat battery has finally been solved.

If you you recall I stated:
    "Due to the fact it came out of a sealed box from the main dealer the last thing on my mind would be to do a drop test on this battery, so psychologically I thought the battery would be 100% perfect."

Taking the battery back for a credit note refund to Yeomans Honda yesterday, only because I'd already replaced my battery with a Yuasa battery, I discovered why the so called "new" battery was knackered.

After exchanging the battery four weeks ago under the warranty, Yeomans called me up a couple of weeks later to say that they couldn't find fault with my old battery, I said that was impossible and that they should try connecting it up to a car and try cranking it as they said they didn't have a heavy duty drop tester. I never heard back from them so I assumed they found it faulty after doing so.

The new Honda battery, as you all know if you've ever bought one, comes in a sealed box filled with what I call chicken feed to protect it from being damaged in transit, this stuff gets everywhere including all the crevices in the underside of the battery casing so it was taken into the workshop to be air gunned off, while at the same time my battery was cleaned up with a WD40 soaked cloth.

I'm sure you now know what's coming, yep you guessed it, they gave me back my old battery by mistake, looking brand new after it's thorough sprucing up.

The way that was discovered was that Yeomans pulled out my old battery from their warranty department to explain they couldn't find fault with it and I clamped my Snap-On drop tester across it expecting to see the metre drop instantly into the "black" dead area and to my amazement it held up strong in the Green area lighting up the element like an electric cooker ring.

As a way of an apology from them for mixing up my replacement battery 4 weeks ago Yeomans gave me a £50 credit note to spend on parts when ever I needed but also they gave me the brand new £110 battery to keep as they said they'd disposed of the old box it came in and therefore couldn't take it back into stock.

So even though it gave me a major scratching of my head to resolve what was in the end a simple problem, at least they did this.

SO ON THAT NOTE IF ANYONE NEEDS OR WANTS A BRAND NEW NEVER USED HONDA NSX BATTERY FOR JUST £60 THEN PLEASE JUST PM ME.

I'm sure this sort of thing only happens to me.

Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Damn!

Totally forgot about this before I paid £96 for a Honda one a week or so back.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Yuasa £70⅚

Yuasa £70 from local motor factors

December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

I have had issues with the Yuasa silver battery.

My car is stored in a garage without power so I can't connect a conditioner and it regularly runs flat and gets jump started. I know this is not good for the battery but I don't have much option unfortunately.

I needed an urgent replacement and bought the Yuasa from Halfords but I found after a short period it wasn't holding charge. I took the battery off the car to charge on a conventional charger and within a short time I was getting a strong sulphurous smell. Halfords replaced the battery under warranty but I again had issues with holding charge after a couple of weeks and when I took a closer look at the battery the casing looked very bulbous as if it was highly pressurised. Took it back to Halfords who did give me a refund and I replaced it with a battery from Honda and have had no problems since.

Olly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast