Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tension in TB

Blog Entries

Not sure you have seen these photos so I'm going to post them in a hope to assist you.

I can't provide exact weight force data against the TB but when the TB tension is properly adjusted and if applied very gentle pressure with just one finger while at #1 TDC, you will see 10mm movement from rest point in both ways like these photos.

Good luck.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 04-03-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks for the comments and support.
    For my clarity: tensioning (whether blue mark or 9 teeth) is with set valve clearances so a tension against valve springs only, the plugs out so no compression from the cylinder.

3. Default

Thank you Kaz that you shared your practical knowledge. These information could be found reading the blog but here are dispelled my" doubts with 5 mm pin punches". I am during the Engine Refresh (according to your recommendations) which I Barn find in Germany.

sorry for english i use a translator

Thanks for all the additional info!

One question: is the +-10mm slack at 6 right after removing the slack at 1-5 or after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    and please remember, only a few selected engineers were allowed to build your NSX engines.
    If I imagine the average mechanic in Europe handling that procedure who might sees an NSX every 5 years or less...at least there are no known/heard of fatal failures. So there is some safety margin in there as well.

Blog Entries

The measurement is always taken after the tension adjuster bolt locked with 9 cam teeth method and crank turned several times.
    After this, set at #1TDC and while keeping the crank locked, measurement taken.

Kaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12