Thread: Drive out yesterday in the sunshine

1. Default Drive out yesterday in the sunshine

Took the chance with another NSX owning friend for a drive in Surrey yesterday to Newlands Corner
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSX2.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	13619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSX3.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	13620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSX4.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	13621

I assume your NSX is the slower gold one then??

I presume you've only recently purchased it and if so how are you enjoying ownership of it now??
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

Yep, mine is the rubbish NA2 one .
    I've had it since September and really like it - particularly the gear change and the way the engine delivers its power. I had a 997 and Ferrari f430 before and I prefer the NSX - much more usable and engaging even if ultimately a little slower in a straight line. I prefer older more mechanical cars.
    I don't commute but I'm using it as my daily car. It was very dirty until just before the run. Roof over even when its cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemt1234 View Post
    Yep, mine is the rubbish NA2 one .
    I've had it since September and really like it - particularly the gear change and the way the engine delivers its power. I had a 997 and Ferrari f430 before and I prefer the NSX - much more usable and engaging even if ultimately a little slower in a straight line. I prefer older more mechanical cars.
    I don't commute but I'm using it as my daily car. It was very dirty until just before the run. Roof over even when its cold.
    There is absolutely no such thing as a "rubbish" NSX in my opinion Jemt1234, everyone one of them is a mobile treasure piece. 👍

Your car certainly cleans up well and it's great to hear that you're using it as an everyday driver. That would definitely be my idea of everyday driving heaven.

Just in case you didn't realise there is an in forum joke that the fastest NSX's ever made were always the red/black combo. Several biased debates have been had but even our in house ultimate forum Guru, Kaz has said as much. 😎

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?124...Fastest-colour

Also I nteresting to see that you prefer the engagement in the way it drives over your previous 997 and F430 (that's what I find you fall in love with most) but had your NA2 also been in red you would have found it faster too. 😂

Hopefully we'll see at one of the occasional meets we have throughout the year.

Anyway, enjoy.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Really interesting -T/colour combination.

IKWYM - the NSX feels 'alive' even at boring traffic speeds, whereas many cars only feel special if you're going very fast, which traffic conditions and the Blue Meanies prevent.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson