Thread: Bicester Heritage SUNDAY SCRAMBLE ‘DRIVE IT DAY’ 28th April 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Bicester Heritage SUNDAY SCRAMBLE ‘DRIVE IT DAY’ 28th April 2019

2018 was a well attended event with a number of NSX owners turning up. As a club we cannot register as the criteria requires representation from a vehicle registered before 1989 as part of the club. As those that attended will know this means that amongst the "classic" BMWs Mercs and Jags there are always more modern cars as part of their club.
    I have a suggestion if we would like to attend as part of a "club" to become a subset of a recognised club. This will of course depend on their agreement as well.

If you are interested let me know by putting your name below this post and I will start the necessary negotiation.

FYI the entry price will be about Ł5 per person.
    Mike

Hi Mike,

Registered before 1989? Does this not capture the majority of Club members?

I’m interested in attending

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

3. Default

Hi Paul
    Not sure any member has an NSX registered before 1990, even the Honda owned NA1 which was built in 1990 wasn't a really registered until 1993.
    Of course I could be confused!
    Mike

4. Default

I have agreement to use another clubs discount code for the event. We will join the Silverstone Social Car Club at this event. It is a really well attended show, the workshops and facilities at Bicester Heritage are well worth the visit.

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton...-drive-it-day/
    Last edited by sorepaws; 02-01-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    Of course I could be confused!
    No Mike, we both know who was confused ... that’s what happens when I’m away from the car for so long I forget when it was built
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

6. Default

It seems the organisers have now decided to clamp down on clubs attending this event. In short only single make clubs will be able to register, and within those single make clubs at least 50% of the attending vehicles registered before 1990. This means that the plan to attend with another club has been thwarted. It doesn't mean we can't go, but parking will be in the public area.
    Unless there is a Honda club going?
    Sorry for the bad news
    Last edited by sorepaws; 06-02-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Mike

7. Default

Looks like we will get a code to join the Silverstone Social Car Club at this event. Watch this space
    Mike