Thread: NA2 headers for 95-95 Acura

Default NA2 headers for 95-95 Acura

Hi,
    I want ask:
    NA2headers will fitted Plug and play for 96 Acura (without any Test pipe etc.)

Regards
    Mario

Yes but you will need the adaptors for the exhaust.

I have searched the Web- forum quite some time now and found various threads discussing the header swap but nowhere is absolutely clear which header now fits and what other parts are needed to make them work. Especially differences in length through the productions years make me wonder which one to buy. There has been one user saying only the 97-99 headers would work as perfect fit as the newer ones 00+ are 2cm short.

I found on Prime
    "Depending on the year of your car, 91-94 are different from a 95-96 which don't need adapters. I'd also recommend you get the header guard as well to protect the O2 sensor.

GUARD, ENGINE (LOWER) 11299-PR7-J00 anyone can explain to me the location of this part of the photo welcome
    Last edited by ozon02; 24-11-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I've got 2002+ ones on my 96. To my knowledge there is only two header varients from Honda (97-02 then LEV 2002+)apart from the boat anchors. SoS and maybe others sell the two different sets of adapters that you would need to hook up to any pre-97 hardware (3.0) car.

5. Default

I have a '96 and aspire to fit NA2 headers one day - have been looking into the interchangeability details since I read this thread. Turns out to be more complicated than I thought, but Prime does seem to have the answer.

OP, your question is hard to answer because there are two designs of header for the NA2.

It sounds like the headers from a 97-99 NA2 will bolt right up to the stock exhaust on a 95-96, but that the headers on a 00-05 will not fit, not least because the 00-05 headers had a different bolt pattern on the flange.

As such, you need to know which year NA2 headers you plan to put on your car to know whether you need adapters.

Hagasan, are you running a stock exhaust? If so, which adapters did you use?