Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2000 or NSX?????

Default S2000 or NSX?????

Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

The CR’s been on my list for a while. Although probably the slightly more refined JDM type-S; retaining the soft top, more road orientated and being RHD. A 95 targa is a totally different proposition to a track focussed S2000. Soft and compliant for road. One might argue they are not really comparable; CR = S2000 type R (or very close, if they’d made one).
    Just depends what your thing is. There are a lot of fans out there of both variants.
    As for price. I’m beginning to feel that it’s irrellevant. Again cats and dogs.

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Actually prefer to have 1 of each ... will settle for the S2k Type-V wheel on my NSX ...

They are of course very different drives ... I truly enjoyed the S2k which at the time was my daily driver, most amazing heater system supporting Papa’s preference for the soft top as you literally only put the roof up in the rain!!

Many complain about suspension twitchy and uncompliant on our wonderful UK tarmac, but I had no issues and once warmed up it was hard not to go visit Vtec at every opportunity ...

Of more interest to my though are the rumours and artist impressions for the replacement S2k ....
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I wasn't even aware of the existence of the CR! Looks and sounds tremendous though.

I ran an S2000 for 4 years / 40k miles (~90% with the roof down - I still miss driving the car particularly frosty mornings or dark starry nights) as a daily driver and loved the car. Other than being a bit of a handful in the snow it performed faultlessly and, if circumstances permitted and could find a properly cared for and unmolested good 'un, I'd have another at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 19-11-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I have joined the S2K community and it sits alongside my NSX. its a 07 facelift car and has been cared for extremely well. completely stock which i like and the only major work i had to do was replace the aging roof.
    have a few small mods added already which are easily reversed such as chassis bars, and some Spoon-ery
    i have a couple of other bits in mind that will just help the overall drive of the car over the winter time.

They are a hoot to drive and require driver involvement to the max to get the best out of them; which when you get it you appreciate the car alot more.

you cannot compare and NSX to them IMHO they are totally different cars. I don't know how you could they offer totally different driving experiences. I only got mine back in MArch and it decimated the use of my NSX this year. The intention is just to use it for weekends etc much like the NSX but i done over 4k in it over the 'season'.

there is a good social aspect with it, a nice wee owners club runs over here in NI and is quite active so that adds to the enjoyment of the car. Just wish the NSX had something similar but NSX's are very rare over here as you know and anyone that has one keeps to themselves are does not drive it enuff.

the S is made for having the roof down ... not a great place to be when covered up

plan to do a major trip on the S next year and head to the 19 Euromeet in Italy ... after that I need to consider my options on car ownership longer term!

Would love to import a Type S but they hold values extremely well back in their homeland.

with regards to the OP, I think that price is very optimistic even if the CR is a rare commodity in the US
    Last edited by nobby; 20-11-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

The very definition of an asset bubble. Nice example, but a bit too rich.

But then, Acura NSXs aren't quite as rare so I can see where they are coming from.

There is only one correct answer: both.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

How about this one then? Two yellow Hondas would be nice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Hond...mk50:rk:1:pf:0
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

Got both, had this S four years now, also had one ten years ago, only had the NSX two years. Both different drives but if I'm brutally honest, I enjoy the S the most, the NSX is feels quite heavy in comparison.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.ph...0&d=1520016975
    Wix

It varies according to my mindset; whether I'm into ripping up back lanes on a summer's day, or more relaxed, fast driving at other times.

One's hard work - or a hard work-out; the other isn't.

You need both!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

well said Nick!!!

"The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast