Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Breakfast Club - Japanese Sunday - 7 Oct 2018

Default Goodwood Breakfast Club - Japanese Sunday - 7 Oct 2018

Is anyone going to the Goodwood BC tomorrow?
    From their preview page it seems like the NSX will be quite prominent, presumably Honda's 3 (the red auto, orange 55 plate and blue NC1).
    Firstly our iconic grid will this year be populated with Nissan GT-Rs and Skylines, celebrating the launch of the incredible GT-R50 at the Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard earlier in the year. Secondly our themed paddock area, which less than a month ago was masquerading as Silverstone in 1948, will be filled with Honda NSXs of every generation.

I'll be there in my silver G1 Insight so come and say hello, and it would be good to see some old faces again

cheers
    Ewan
    Last edited by Ewan; 08-10-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    ex owner - various Hondas inc 03 NFR NSX-T
    Current fun car Lotus Evora 400

The 3 Honda UK NSX's shown in the photo was taken after the 2016 Supercar Breakfast Club meeting and I should know as I parked up the red auto into position as the driver had disappeared to the loo.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I'm booked in but can't go now. ;(

I'll be at Bicester.

Not a big fan of the Breakfast Clubs and their rather haphazard approach to which cars are allowed in and which aren't.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

The regime at Goodwood BC is very different these days - you need to register in advance both as an attendee and as a prospective exhibitor; so it's no longer a case of trying to get in but being decided on by the whim of a marshall (years ago, I arrived in the NSX for "Supercar Sunday" and was sent into the-then "Tesco" hard standing area, along with various other interesting cars like a Ford RS200, meanwhile the marshall was waving through the entire Aston Martin V8 Vantage owners club...)

Anyway; it was a lovely morning, not too rich in NSX pickings (one NC1, one silver auto NA2 and maybe 6 or 7 NA1s in total) - no sign of the Honda press cars and the "Silverstone paddock" that presumably had been intended for an NSX display had only about 4 in there.
    Last edited by Ewan; 08-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Ewan, you have been gone for far too long....you have obviously forgotten there is no such thing as an automatic NA2...
    Presume you mean an auto 2002+ model?
    Hope you are well?

Yes, sorry Simon, you're right I keep thinking NA2=facelift rather than 3.2

All well thanks - blasting around in my Evora these days... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGq-t-1qB8

Very nice.

How do you register as a potential exhibitor for the breakfast clubs nowadays?
    I am registered with Goodwood and received an email of notification of the event but it only provided me with a link to go as an attendee.

As it happened I couldn't attend this one but it would be helpful to know the procedure for the future.

Thanks

Olly

https://www.goodwood.com/sports/moto...-your-vehicle/

You need to register an account on the Goodwood website and add your car(s) to your "garage"; when they announce themes for the BC next year, you'll then be able to apply and around a month before the event, they're likely to let you know if you're in or not, and you'll have a PDF with your registration and access type, to print out and display on entry.

You either get "Site access" (which means if you come in via the northern Lavant Bank entrance on New Road, you'll drive around the circuit towards the chicane and get parked up there) or into the main entrance, where they're now sending cars through the tunnel to fill up the paddocks from the back, or else go onto the track after the start/finish line and towards the 1st corner. On Sunday they even had a few cars coming in at the Super Shell building, presumably directed there by marshalls at the front entrance. It's all a lot more organised than it was a couple of years back.

There is active screening going on behind the scenes now, and some cars will be picked out for Grid access - so will get a GRID display sheet and park along the pit lane and grid. This is good and bad - on Sunday, that area was only about half full so presumably some people who had applied didn't show up (or maybe some sponsors who'd paid to get display space - Honda? - didn't arrive). There might be other things going on behind the scenes, too - I got asked to be interviewed by Goodwood Road & Racing for a subsequent web site featurette, as they determined the Insight was a cool and interesting car

Anyway. Last one of the year is hot hatch Sunday so no interest for me. Next BCs will probably start in May, as the Members Meeting has moved to April.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast