Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSX on ebay (slightly mauled)

Default NSX on ebay (slightly mauled)

Another one bites the dust. But hey it was UK supplied!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSX...gAAOSwv5xbvK1R
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

and a cat B to boot....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Cat B purely due to the airbag? Does that mean any bump which sets off the airbag, no matter how small, renders our NSXs unrepairable and hence write-offs?
    Damage doesn't look that severe - apart from the airbag issue surely otherwise repairable (assuming the chassis is straight).
    Presumably that's also why the price is so low (make an offer - £20K?), particularly if it was a genuine, low mileage car.
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

This car was up about a week or so ago supposedly bid up to about £50k before it was ended early! If it's cat B then the chassis is probably gone. Regardless of road car values this can never be considered anywhere close as it cannot go back on the road ever. Basically it parts car or a money eater to repair and track or as suggested, export it and lose the "history". Not that I'm condoning that but it does happen just as cars imported into the UK leave their history behind occasionally....

interesting that there's no other pics of the damage...... just the one from the wrong angle, and no other front shots......
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

If anyone on here buys and breaks this, there are a few bits I need.

Anyone else see the advert for the 2001 <12k miles NA2 at the bottom of the eBay page?
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

Been up for sale for a long time, from what I remember the original price was way higher (>£100K?), then down to £85K or £80K?
    I suspect the same guys that I bought my NSX from, under a different name back then - S H Car Sales. Some interesting online reviews ...
    To be fair, they were ok with me and certainly seemed to know about NSXs (they'd sold plenty over the years). Helped that they emailed me the old V5 before purchase, so I was able to call the previous owner.
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

I was offered that car around 8/9 years ago for £37500. How the market has changed. Didn’t go to see it. So no idea of condition.

Cheers.

Gosh, just 24,000 miles. Owner must have been v hacked off.

The write-off due to lack of airbag availability, if true, is a concern.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast