Thread: Help with fault code and parts.

Default Help with fault code and parts.

My engine management light has come on and the fault code showing is 41-01. The garage which looks after my car says that this is the HO2S Bank2 Sensor1 heater failure. I have read some previous correspondence about buying this part from the USA. Can someone point me in the right direction to tell me what I need? My car is a 96Targa manual UK supplied, Chassis no JHMNA11800T4xxx, reg NSX xxx.
    All help welcomed!!
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 11-10-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: VIN and Reg.No. protection, not required for this spec and CEL level.

Blog Entries

If you are absolutely sure that it's the oxygen sensor failure (not like loose connector, burnt wire, etc) with CEL #1 and #41, then it's the Front bank O2 sensor.

Your NSX is 95 NSX-T based on first part of the VIN and only 2 x O2 sensors on the car.
    For this spec, you can use one of the followings;

NTK #24172 (installed on many UK based NSX including mine, same parts no. for the rear bank.)

or

Denso #234-4093 (this parts no. is only for the front bank, Denso is the OEM supplier of O2 sensor for our NSX.)

Both are about US$30.

If ordering from US, please note that Acura NSX was already OBD2 from 95+ so don't use year model when searching for the O2 sensor.
    Instead, use OEM parts no. of your NSX spec 36531-PR7-J02 (Front oxygen sensor) as the cross-reference.
    The cable length is the main difference with number of wire holders included.

Or, just searching for the O2 sensor, you can pretend to be 94 Acura NSX if using Rockauto, etc.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 11-10-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: extra info

Thanks Kaz- any recommends for US SUPPLIERS?

rockauto.com (usually most competitive)..... https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/nt...2)+sensor,5132

sparkplugs.com ..... https://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=19282

or just google NTK 24172, plenty of choice!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Blog Entries

If installing on your own NSX, as britlude mentioned, Rockauto is a good choice.
    They are VAT registered so you will pay the tax in advance and no need to wait for clearing the UK customs.

If you need it urgently, you can use FedEx International Priority.
    The 'International Economy' option is normally through FedEx as well and while takes extra few days than the Priority, still good delivery option.

If you search, you can find Rockauto discount code on the web.
    They even recommend people sharing their discount code with others so safe to use.
    Mine has expired as I don't buy from them regularly and only buy a/c compressor, etc.

Many years ago, for NTK sensor, sparkplugs.com always delivered the latest batch as they didn't stock it in-house.
    I heard from other owners in US that Rockauto sent the old batch.
    Probably no longer the case by now as NTK changed the package sealing method several years ago.

Amazon USA is also good place although depending on the sensor parts # and the seller, may not deliver outside US.

Kaz

Thanks for all your advice- my car is normally sornd at the end of the month so this will be a winter job - no hurry !!