Thread: Door Card Vapour Membrane.

Default Door Card Vapour Membrane.

I have the door cards off again and am going to replace my sorry looking vapour membranes.
    Before I start, I was wondering if anyone had some tips; Firstly for removing old adhesive and then what new adhesive to use.
    A net search comes up with Honda part number 07812-0003 for the adhesive but is not available in the UK. There must be an equivalent caulk type material available?

Try the BMW stuff. Teroson...don't know the no. anymore but should be here in the forum.

Take your time removing the old stuff...

Blog Entries

The Butyl tape is a good substitute for the OEM white one and much easier to deal with later if you have to peel off the inner sheet or even when completely removing the butyl itself.
    I use the one on amazon or direct from the same shop called Coralgraph Inc.

For the cleaning method, the plastic scraper with used microfiber cloth does good job.
    You can also soak small amount of WD40 (no problem using on internal door panel) on the microfibre and wipe off the remaining residue but has to be cleaned thoroughly before applying the butyl tape.

Kaz

Many thanks chaps!

Came off easier than I thought it would. In the absence of a plastic scraper I used a Magnum lolly stick, squared off and sharpened like a chisel at the bottom. A little bit of WD40 cleaned up the residue. The hardest to remove was residue from the gaffer tape which came off eventually with tar remover.

Would it work with other lolly/ice cream sticks? Is magnum the Honda approved choice? Asking for a friend....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    Would it work with other lolly/ice cream sticks? Is magnum the Honda approved choice? Asking for a friend....
    Has to be a Magnum, preferably double raspberry.

Magnum lolly sticks are much wider, I had a narrow 'standard' lolly stick and it wasn't in the same league