Thread: Goodwood Breakfast Club - Japanese Sunday - 7 Oct 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi all
    I have not posted for a while here. I attended the Goodwood BC in my black 1991 NSX on Sunday. Really cold wind!! Though as a GRRC member I am pleased Goodwood are trying to get their act together at the Breakfast Club meets they are still not quite there. Having got an entry for the Japanese Sunday earlier (offered after initially being turrned down for Supercar Sunday ) I got askedby email just last week to park up in the premier Silverstone Paddock stalls right by the Jackie Stewart Pavilion and sent a modified windscreen pass detailing the new destination and asked to be in position by 7.00am
    When I arrived at 7 the gate I was directed to was yet to open and I was sent back to the main gate, from whence I was directed to a holding area until finally one marshal recognised the area detailed on the windscreen pass. I was finally in position for about 7.25. I could have had an extra half hour in bed!! Also it seems not all NSXs entered had been asked to park in the Silverstone Pits stalls despite the fact that there were only ever a maximum of five of us and eight stalls were available.
    It was a very mixed crowd I found and I met several NSX owners or past owners and had some interesting conversations. Twice, however, I was asked if I had fitted "nitrous" which to me really misses the point!
    I just felt it was an opportunity lost as if the other two"classic" NSXs present in the general parking and perhaps the two current hybrid cars could have joined us in the prestige position by the Jackie Stewart Pavilion we could really have shown the marque off.
    Last edited by Lotus Roy; 09-10-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: bits of text not included