Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwood Breakfast Club - Japanese Sunday - 7 Oct 2018

Hi all
    I have not posted for a while here. I attended the Goodwood BC in my black 1991 NSX on Sunday. Really cold wind!! Though as a GRRC member I am pleased Goodwood are trying to get their act together at the Breakfast Club meets they are still not quite there. Having got an entry for the Japanese Sunday earlier (offered after initially being turrned down for Supercar Sunday ) I got askedby email just last week to park up in the premier Silverstone Paddock stalls right by the Jackie Stewart Pavilion and sent a modified windscreen pass detailing the new destination and asked to be in position by 7.00am
    When I arrived at 7 the gate I was directed to was yet to open and I was sent back to the main gate, from whence I was directed to a holding area until finally one marshal recognised the area detailed on the windscreen pass. I was finally in position for about 7.25. I could have had an extra half hour in bed!! Also it seems not all NSXs entered had been asked to park in the Silverstone Pits stalls despite the fact that there were only ever a maximum of five of us and eight stalls were available.
    It was a very mixed crowd I found and I met several NSX owners or past owners and had some interesting conversations. Twice, however, I was asked if I had fitted "nitrous" which to me really misses the point!
    I just felt it was an opportunity lost as if the other two"classic" NSXs present in the general parking and perhaps the two current hybrid cars could have joined us in the prestige position by the Jackie Stewart Pavilion we could really have shown the marque off.
    Last edited by Lotus Roy; 09-10-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: bits of text not included

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
    https://www.goodwood.com/sports/moto...-your-vehicle/

You need to register an account on the Goodwood website and add your car(s) to your "garage"; when they announce themes for the BC next year, you'll then be able to apply and around a month before the event, they're likely to let you know if you're in or not, and you'll have a PDF with your registration and access type, to print out and display on entry.

You either get "Site access" (which means if you come in via the northern Lavant Bank entrance on New Road, you'll drive around the circuit towards the chicane and get parked up there) or into the main entrance, where they're now sending cars through the tunnel to fill up the paddocks from the back, or else go onto the track after the start/finish line and towards the 1st corner. On Sunday they even had a few cars coming in at the Super Shell building, presumably directed there by marshalls at the front entrance. It's all a lot more organised than it was a couple of years back.

There is active screening going on behind the scenes now, and some cars will be picked out for Grid access - so will get a GRID display sheet and park along the pit lane and grid. This is good and bad - on Sunday, that area was only about half full so presumably some people who had applied didn't show up (or maybe some sponsors who'd paid to get display space - Honda? - didn't arrive). There might be other things going on behind the scenes, too - I got asked to be interviewed by Goodwood Road & Racing for a subsequent web site featurette, as they determined the Insight was a cool and interesting car

Anyway. Last one of the year is hot hatch Sunday so no interest for me. Next BCs will probably start in May, as the Members Meeting has moved to April.
    Hi Ewan

Thanks for the reply.

I Have an account with Goodwood and my car is listed in 'my garage', I had notification from Goodwood of the event but the supplied link would only let me apply for an attendee ticket. It turned out that I couldn't make this event anyway so I didn't try any harder but will try again next year.

Olly

They tend to send the eemai links out after the car entry cut off date, just to be annoying.... Also it's basically a ticketed only, all be that free, even for spectators now to avoid the traffic chaos of previous years!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12