Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s the value of my car

Default What’s the value of my car

Hi everyone
    My insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks .I am currently insured with Hagerty and have an agreed value of £35,000 and was wondering if this should be increased. My car is a 1996 Midnight purple manual targa with a 2002 face lift. What the best way to get my car valued.Any suggestions welcome.

Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    Hi everyone
    My insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks .I am currently insured with Hagerty and have an agreed value of £35,000 and was wondering if this should be increased. My car is a 1996 Midnight purple manual targa with a 2002 face lift. What the best way to get my car valued.Any suggestions welcome.

Regards
    Mark
    Hi Mark, Classic Line ins not only have photographic proof of your valuation but you can also pay for an assessor to come out and inspect your car for it to be fully verified on what value you've put on it, Hagerty might have the same service.

£35,000 sounds way too low for a 96 Targa to me, 50-60k or maybe more isn't too in realistic IMHO.

By the way how much was you insurance quote???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

£598 .83 with one sp30 on licence limited to 3000miles per annum

PM just sent.
    Pride.

2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

Prices are dropping then and, Im not referring to that insurance quote!
    Honda NSX NA2 1999
    The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless without an NSX

£598 .83 with one sp30 on licence limited to 3000miles per annum
    Interestingly I called Hagerty for a quote today.
    I too have an SP30 and do less than 3000 miles on my 92 NA1 agreed value at £50,000, garaged and cat1 alarmed and they quoted £640.75 through Hiscox insurance.

£500 excess, £150 windscreen excess and no hire car on collision damage.

Thats about 3 times more expensive than Classicline ins who can also insure a second everyday used car at a very competitive rate providing you already have a classic car insured with them.

So I think I know who I'm staying with.
    Pride.

7. Default

Hi everyone

Regards
    Mark
    The best thing to do is give them a ring in my book. Heritage are amazing with agreed values, and also currently are guaranteed to beat your renewal, so give them a call on 0121 248 9475 and get a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Norman View Post
    The best thing to do is give them a ring in my book. Heritage are amazing with agreed values, and also currently are guaranteed to beat your renewal, so give them a call on 0121 248 9475 and get a quote
    I gave Heritage a call with exactly the same details I gave to Hagerty and they quoted a very competitive £285, they also told me that when I get my renewal price through next month to them a call again and they would beat the quote and they do multi car quotes providing you have a classic car.

They seemed very helpful, friendly and professional on the phone too, something I found Hagerty weren't.

Their website is a mine of useful information about 100's of different classic cars and their specs, it kept me very interested for over an hour.

Try it:
    https://www.heritagecarinsurance.co....al-statistics/

I could well be changing this year I think.
    Pride.

Value depends on mileage and condition now, more than age.

Mods can add/subtract value depending on what they are / how desirable they are.

If your car is sub-75k miles, then potentially £45-55k depending on how much proactive maintenance you've had done on it / how much needs to be done. If sub-50k miles then probably top-end of that range.
    If your car is +/-100k miles, then arguably £40-50k, only top-end if it's absolutely pristine.

All that assuming a manual car that's not Cat-D, and there's little in the way of mods other than the facelift.

...and that's based on a review of advertised prices (mildly adjusted where someone's obviously chancing it), NOT necessarily sold prices, of course...

PS - always found ClassicLine to be good to deal with. Never had to claim though...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Interesting
    Thankyou for all your feed back looks like I’m going to ringing around.I will also try and get my car professionally valued not because I’m interested in selling just curios as to values. I appreciate many aspects are considered mileage,condition,service history ,originality etc etc I am trying to make sure I’m insured for the right amount not over insured or underinsured .
    I will let you know how I get on in due coarse.
    regards
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast