Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of summer meet? - somewhere central

1. Default End of summer meet? - somewhere central

Anyone up for a meet as the summer draws to a close? Somewhere central, say Gaydon or Coventry motor museum? Air your views on here and see if we can get something going.

Suggest some dates and good luck ... its about 90mins each way for me but if the date works it would be good to meet ... cafe is good if you select Gaydon ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Depending on the date I'd like to try and get out again...last 6 weeks have been rather constrained (having a newborn does that to you, apparently... ).

Gaydon is worth a visit, although a bunch of owners went there end-June for the Club AGM.
    Cov Motor Museum is somewhere I've been angling to get to for a while. Location (central Cov) is ****, but they used to permit car clubs to park on the hardstanding right outside by prior arrangement...

Other ideas:-
    - Donington Collection. Bit further 'oop north', but very good.
    - Cafe meet somewhere central. Super Sausage just outside Towcester is a popular place for casual meets
    - Bicester Sunday Scramble is on in early October. Yes it's 5 weeks away, but that was a great event back in the Spring...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

4. Default

Ok. The date: Sunday September 30th. Venue: Gaydon. Time: 10am, followed by some breakfast in the cafe,
    who’s up for this?

Yeh, count me in, as it's more or less on my doorstep.
    Wix

Blog Entries

Not sure what the minimum requirement is but if enough booked, we may be able to get preferential rate for the ticket.
    Sorepaws would know the detail.

Just one thing.
    On the 30th, Gaydon Military show is going to be held at the same venue.
    Therefore, it would be best asking the museum in advance if we want parking our cars all together.

Kaz

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz-kzukNA1 View Post
    Not sure what the minimum requirement is but if enough booked, we may be able to get preferential rate for the ticket.
    Sorepaws would know the detail.

Just one thing.
    On the 30th, Gaydon Military show is going to be held at the same venue.
    Therefore, it would be best asking the museum in advance if we want parking our cars all together.

Kaz
    Oh oh. Thanks Kaz. We could change the venue to the Milton Keynes Museum?

Blog Entries

I don't know how busy it can get on the 30th but I'm quite sure they can accomodate small group of cars. Or, based on their experience, if you ask the museum, I'm quite sure they can advise us on when will be a good timing for a small meeting during this month or in October as they seem to have multiple events frequently over the weekends before it gets very cold.

Alternatively, as havoc mentioned, Bicester Heritage Sunday Scramble seemed to be a good venue although not sure about the food stand.
    Gaydon is probably better even when the weather is in not ideal condition as they have restaurant and plenty of seating area inside the building.

Not sure our car qualifies for the club stand at Bicester but worth contacting.
    I think several owners visited there this year.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 05-09-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: format

Would be great to meet up as I've only recently purchased my 91 NSX and joined the club . For info my NSX is currently out of action with work underway on abs and clutch , but hopefully it will be back to full health in time for the meeting .

[Edit: Hi, @840840. This is Kaz-kzukNA1. Welcome to the Forum.
    Please allow me editing your original post and deleting the following sentence; (By the way, are there any other owners in or near Surrey ?) in order to keep this thread to reflect the OP's region.
    I have created a new thread, copied your original post in full and moved all of the related reply here; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...re-Sussex-area
    Please feel free to continue the discussion.
    Thank you. Regards, Kaz]
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 05-09-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added [Edit:] section in order to separate the two area to reflect the OP.

10. Default

Ok guys, update time.

i have spoken with Gaydon and we can meet there on the 30th and they will allocate a space for us all to park together.
    However, there is a charge of fourteen pounds per person which gives us a wristband to get on-site (as there is a military event going on there, nobody gets onto the site without a wristband) and allows us into the museum too. I need to know how many want to participate as I have to book the numbers next week and they will send out the wristbands.
    So, who’s up for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast