Thread: Ariel

Default Ariel

Hi does anyone know where I can find a used Ariel for a 1991 NSX
    Or will an after market one fit .?
    I Also need a windshield washer pump for a Right hand drive
    Tim

Oh - Aerial! I have to look it up every time, too.

The Ariel Atom has a K20, not a C32...

The twig for the NSX comes new in two parts - the mast with a plastic tail and the motor unit. Which bit do you need?

I believe the part nos are shared with various Hondas, where they may be cheaper. NSX tax...

There are aftermarket washer pumps that are universal to many Hondas too. I've not heard any complaints.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Thanks nick I need a mast for the Ariel .
    Do you know the part number.for this and the washer pump
    Regards Tom

This will give you the part nos:

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2001...-radio-antenna

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2001...dshield-washer

Generally googling them might get you an alternative.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I have a complete, secondhand, aerial (mast, motor, the lot) should you be interested?
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I've recently fitted the S2000 antenna (mine was starting to act-up). Cheap (look on thensxshop.com) , and pretty straightforward to fit once you'd got the OE one undone...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Do you have to re-shape the hole to fit the S2000 unit?

It goes in an ovoid hole on the S2000.

EDIT; oh - I see! It's only half-S2000.

I think I recall using a bike spanner to release the NSX's twig - it was a sod to loosen with a chisel, though!
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 31-08-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    Nick

There is a specific Honda tool to remove the antenna, I have one. It's a lot better than slipping with a screwdriver down your rear wing!
    It wasn't too expensive from memory, there may also be a generic tool you can buy for the job too...
    Last edited by NSXGB; 31-08-2018 at 12:58 PM.