Thread: taking off rear wheels, where to put axle stands?

Default taking off rear wheels, where to put axle stands?

As per the title.
    Taking the rear wheels to have two tyres fitted tomorrow. Will jack up the car, but where is the best place to put the axle stands as not to do any damage.
    The reason for not taking the car is I want to remove the old weights and clean the wheels first as I hate when they leave divets in the wheel when they remove the weights, just had them refubed!

Cheers Ian

Blog Entries

Use Centre jackup point to lift the car up but this will lift both the front and rear wheels at the same time so make sure to carry this out on flat level surface and secure the other side to prevent the car from rolling.

Set the stand just high enough for the tyre to clear the floor and place it at the rear support point.

Lift the other side very slowly using the centre jackup point and be prepared for the small movement of the jack as the car is no longer level.

Place the stand at the rear support point.

Double check that the front wheels are locked for both directions as you no longer have the effect of parking brake.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz, fountain of knowledge as always.

Yeah, it is very easy to do.

I wish all Hondas had three jacking points like that - the overhangs invariably make the sub-frame ones impossible to reach.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson