Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Con compressor magnetic clutch not engaging!

Would this stop the A/C Compressor clutch from engaging??

The Function Selection and Operational Check is all OK...All 8 steps are sequencing with all the display as shown on the PDF Manual.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	function selector  and operation check.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	13520

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Kaz,

Do I still need to check the Evaporator sensor ?
    If I do...where exactly is it?
    Is it under where passenger feet directly? is it above the toes? Is it to the right side towards the centre console?

Thanks

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Kaz,

Do I still need to check the Evaporator sensor ?
    If I do...where exactly is it?
    Is it under where passenger feet directly? is it above the toes? Is it to the right side towards the centre console?

Thanks

SS
    "The connector is located at the passenger side, behind the vertical carpet or side of the glove box, the one marked in blue in the above photo."

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    "The connector is located at the passenger side, behind the vertical carpet or side of the glove box, the one marked in blue in the above photo."
    3 vertical carpets
    Glovebox has 2 sides.

My guess it will be the outer side of Right foot towards centre console....

SS

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    By 'upgraded' compressor do you mean 'rebuilt'? The rebuilt one are prone to fail. The other reason could be that the flushing was not throughly enough. Or the oil level was too low.
    No it was not rebuilt. When I say upgraded i believe it was slightly bigger that the OEM one. Honda uk wanted silly money for a replacement .Someone recommended buying it from America I think the company was Rock autos from what I can remember. It had a slightly bigger pulley from what I recall . I remember I had all sorts of problems trying to get a replacement belt because it was slightly longer. Eventually I found one so I bought two it was made by Gates part number gates 4pk948
    I replaced the tension pulley at the same time . I also had the system degased cleaned and re-presurized .We also fitted a new dryer and all was working perfect for months. Then one day after a spirited drive I parked up . The next day turned car and A/C on and it squilled it had seized just as I was going out for a nsx meeting. I had to cut the belt to stop it driving. Not used A/C since. The oil level was measured out and all was done by qualified auto A/C engineer who had been in the business for years.

I wondered if a bit of debris was still in system until I saw this blog hence my enquiry.

Mark

Only one vertical carpet in mine' to the side of the centre console. See the photo above, you can see the metal pipes that go through the front firewall, that should help you picture the orientation better?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    By 'upgraded' compressor do you mean 'rebuilt'? The rebuilt one are prone to fail. The other reason could be that the flushing was not throughly enough. Or the oil level was too low.
    No it was not rebuilt. When I say upgraded i believe it was slightly bigger that the OEM one. Honda uk wanted silly money for a replacement .Someone recommended buying it from America I think the company was Rock autos from what I can remember. It had a slightly bigger pulley from what I recall . I remember I had all sorts of problems trying to get a replacement belt because it was slightly longer. Eventually I found one so I bought two it was made by Gates part number gates 4pk948
    I replaced the tension pulley at the same time . I also had the system degased cleaned and re-presurized .We also fitted a new dryer and all was working perfect for months. Then one day after a spirited drive I parked up . The next day turned car and A/C on and it squilled it had seized just as I was going out for a nsx meeting. I had to cut the belt to stop it driving. Not used A/C since. The oil level was measured out and all was done by qualified auto A/C engineer who had been in the business for years.

I wondered if a bit of debris was still in system until I saw this blog hence my enquiry.

Mark

Main issue, is that there is no power to the compressor..what is the reason/

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    Hi Hagasan
    How would someone find and test the Rev limiter cut out on the a/c ? The reason I ask I have had two compressors brake (destroy themselves) both times when I have been moving let’s say quickly and was wondering if this could be the reason . The first one I put down to age. The second which was only a few months old and was an upgraded one from America I had no idea why that seized. Any information or ideas greatly received.

Regards
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

I'm not sure as I was only really thinking out loud. I was just wondering if there could be some kind of safety cut-out from the ECU to the CCU that disables the compressor power in high rev conditions to protect it?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Main issue, is that there is no power to the compressor..what is the reason/

SS
    Kare, this is what I was trying to determine. Could there be a power cut-off signal sent from CCU to disengage the clutch? If there is on these cars then could something be causing that rogue signal to kill the power to yours? I don't know if there is such a safety cut-out though. I'm assuming it's earthed ok? Not the compressor body but the clutch as I think you said you sent power direct to it? I seem to remember from another make of car that there was a shorter earth jumpered across from the clutch assembly onto the compressor body to earth it. Is that on the NSX? I'm at work so can't physically look at anything...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast