Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Part Or Not To Part?

Default To Part Or Not To Part?

After nearly 7 years of ownership I’m toying with the idea of parting with the NSX.
    I was home a couple of weeks ago, and went on a run to the Lakes with the Supercardrivers club (400 mile round trip) she’s just been serviced, the 1st time it’s had a good run in a while, and especially in a lot more modern company, made me remember what a great car it is.
    This got me thinking, is it about time someone else had the pleasure? She hardly gets used, as I spend most of my free time down in Spain now, and am probably cutting ties with the UK full time next year.
    The plan was always to take it down there with me, but after sorting out all of the paperwork and the cost, I’m sure we’ll be back to square 1, as the Spyder is already there and a better option for the climate , so the NSX will more than likely sit in the garage again.
    No way is my mind made up 100%, I was just wandering what you guys think she’d be worth in the present market, as I haven’t really been keeping a tab on prices, and there doesn’t seem to be too many up for grabs at the moment.
    Not back again until August, so still time to make my mind up.
    Cheers

Dave

I'm not attracted by a womans mind, only what she doesn't mind!!!

95 NSX Owner since 8 Aug 05 (sold Apr 13)
    Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
    Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

I've always thought this to be a great NSX ... Only you know if you've had the enjoyment from it you were after, and with the Spyder already in Spain I think you've partly made up your mind.

Someone would be getting a great car (but may want to tone down some of the bling )

As for pricing, wait till your ready as the market is moving north at present so today's indication could be out of date by August.

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

truly is a fine example of an NSX. fully appreciate your circumstances ... as Paul says until your ready its best to pitch accordingly.

there are a number of enquiries on here NSX ownership

i for one would be very keen in discussing your rear spoiler if you had thought of reverting the car to standard as much as possible prior to sale and offering your 'bling' parts separately.

good luck with ur decision

ps. sell the kwaks and keep the NSX or at least buy a triumph
    Last edited by nobby; 11-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Should have thought it's more valuable 'original' plus proceeds of parts. These things usually are.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I may be wrong, but I believe Dave's conundrum is whether or not to part with his NSX, rather than whether or not he should return to standard & sell the car / parts separately.

Whatever you decide Dave, enjoy life in Spain.

2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

What Ian said /\/\/\

Selling the car as a whole is how I read it and responded above ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

that is how i read the post as well, however in my post i stated "i for one would be very keen in discussing your rear spoiler if you had thought of reverting the car to standard as much as possible prior to sale and offering your 'bling' parts separately."

I guess this is where the confusion arose, this applies ONLY if Dave wishes to revert to standard prior to sale. I did not say it was going to happen or made an asumption that the car was being parted.

Hope this clarifies any confusion from my post

Either way would be a lovely car to own bling or no bling!

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    What Ian said /\/\/\

Selling the car as a whole is how I read it and responded above ...
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Thanks for the nice comments Gents, I know alot of the NSX die hards always go for standard, but during my ownership I've had nothing but really positive feedback everywhere I've taken her.
    You are correct, it's wether to part company or not, if it is to go, it will be sold as she stands, I don't have the time these days to put it back, although I still have just about all of the original parts (unfortunately Nobby not the spoiler) if someone did want to go back to standard these will obviously up for grabs.
    Decisions decisions, I'll keep an eye on prices and revisit in August.

I'm strictly a Kawasaki man Nobby, a Triumph is out of the question, although I think one of the bikes will be going aswell.
    Cheers

Dave

I'm not attracted by a womans mind, only what she doesn't mind!!!

95 NSX Owner since 8 Aug 05 (sold Apr 13)
    Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
    Bentley Continental GTC
    Kawasaki ZX9R

Dave i think your car looks the business ... and in the best colour too!

if i was in the market again i would defo consider this car

unfortunate to hear about the spoiler

there is no accounting for tastes in you motorbike collection but at least your car balances it out

i had a kwak once (zx12r)... never again complete pain; spent more time in the garage getting fixed ... the triumph speed triple is an amazing engine

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMAT View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments Gents, I know alot of the NSX die hards always go for standard, but during my ownership I've had nothing but really positive feedback everywhere I've taken her.
    You are correct, it's wether to part company or not, if it is to go, it will be sold as she stands, I don't have the time these days to put it back, although I still have just about all of the original parts (unfortunately Nobby not the spoiler) if someone did want to go back to standard these will obviously up for grabs.
    Decisions decisions, I'll keep an eye on prices and revisit in August.

I'm strictly a Kawasaki man Nobby, a Triumph is out of the question, although I think one of the bikes will be going aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    that is how i read the post as well, however in my post i stated "i for one would be very keen in discussing your rear spoiler if you had thought of reverting the car to standard as much as possible prior to sale and offering your 'bling' parts separately."

I guess this is where the confusion arose, this applies ONLY if Dave wishes to revert to standard prior to sale. I did not say it was going to happen or made an asumption that the car was being parted.

Hope this clarifies any confusion from my post

Either way would be a lovely car to own bling or no bling!
    Apologies! Getting rather too used to gaddam' mofo Merkinisms in the interweb these days.

Parting out, putting out, hellagash...
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast