Thread: trip meter versus total km/mileage - difference?

Default trip meter versus total km/mileage - difference?

I was quite surprised to see a difference between both when I filled up the tank. According to the km (left) the car drove 554 km, according to the trip meter on the right it was 520 km. ??? I didn't write down my fuel consumption before so they could be off for some time.

For Prime I know the trip meter is prone to die. I don't feel like spending $500+ for a new one or $50 for a used one which fails again.

So what to do? Take it out? Cover it? Neglect it? A luxury problem I know...

Blog Entries

Both meters are electronically controlled, right? As the meters also tend to suffer from capacitor leakage maybe there's a relation? (Note that I'm mostly guessing here).
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

The caps on the instrument cluster have been replaced (maybe the only car in Switzerland ). Not sure if there are any caps within the trip meter, I guess that no.

Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    Both meters are electronically controlled, right? As the meters also tend to suffer from capacitor leakage maybe there's a relation? (Note that I'm mostly guessing here).
    Hi Heineken, off topic, but you weren't driving round the M25 onto the A3 around 11 yesterday? I'm sure I saw an NSX with a number plate that looked just like yours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Hi Heineken, off topic, but you weren't driving round the M25 onto the A3 around 11 yesterday? I'm sure I saw an NSX with a number plate that looked just like yours.
    Not very likely as my NSX has not touched British soil yet. Might be worth a trip though as it's the easiest way to reach RHD traffic from Germany
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

Fueled up today, odometer = tripmeter. Not sure if it has to do with resetting the trip meter. Will monitor further...

7. Default

Old thread but I like to share some info:
    1) you cant buy a trip meter extra from Honda, they come with the whole RPM or Speedo gauge
    2) all speedo OBD1 gauges worldwide are discontinued except JDM 180kmH. Even the super rare CND and UK specs. To my knowledge there are 180KMH (JDM), 280KMH (Euro), 280KMH with small indicated MPH (Canada), 180MPH with small indicated KMH (USDM), 180MPH only (UK).
    3) I have new and used trip meters from new gauge assy which I would seperate.

€ 35,00 per used trip meter; € 125,00 per new trip meter. They are electronical controled by the main boards.

btw: you can calibrate the speedo and rpm on top of each board, maybe you need to do a recalibration after you replaced some caps. Just use a GPS device and drive. The potentiometers are accessable when you look on top of the cluster. You can easy do this during driving, of course stop the car when you adjust the screw.

Largest stocking of used NSX parts in Europe & many service parts in stock. parts inquiry: office@atr-racing.com / phone +43 676 5458032