Thread: I want that one... NSX 3.0 Coupe MANUAL

1. Default I want that one... NSX 3.0 Coupe MANUAL

Can anyone help... The time as finally come to buy the car of my dreams - some of you may remember me posting elsewhere on this site a few months to a year ago.

The car I'm after, per the subject, is a 91 to 93 model year; preferably in red but I'll take any colour as long as the car is good (but red would swing it if I was torn between two).

Looking around Autotrader, Exchange and Mart and even Fish4cars reveals that just about any NSX I can afford that's currently for sale has an auto box - I really must have a manual...

Anyone know of any good examples for sale...? I'm keen to take my first test drive just to make sure they really are that good before handing over the money - which is ready and waiting...

What part of the country are you from?

3. Default

I'm in Essex...

Patience, dear boy!

You'll find that the NSX & Routemaster have more than aluminium construction in common;

You wait for bloody ages & then two come together!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Hi darkblueturbo,

I've got a '92 Red NSX, not for sale but I do get over to Epping area fairly regularly (once every week or two). We might be able to meet up and I can take you for a spin.

Cheers
    Nathan
    '92 Red/Black
    RS*R Exhaust, DC Headers, SuperDuper LeMans AirScooper, Dali Stealth OEM Airbox Mod: Fujita Filter, OEM 2002+ GOLD calipers + 2 piece race rotors . . . take a breath . . . and finally Nitron one way adjustable suspension!

6. Default

Thanks for the offer, Minch - PM me next time you're down that way and if we can hook up that'd be great...

I took a trip to G&M Honda in Gravesend on Saturday to look at a 91. It's up on eBay at the moment. Absolutely MINT condition. I finally got to go for a ride in AND drive the car of my dreams... (Last time I drove a dream car it was a Diablo, and the dreams were shattered in a fit of sticky throttle and FAR too heavy steering and clutch) but this time was different...

What a fantastic car you all own. The only downside of this car was that it's an Auto. Had it had a manual gearbox I'd have bought it there and then, it really was that good...

Got e-mail alerts registered with Exchange and Mart and Autotrader plus I'll be speaking to a friend in the trade later today to ask him to keep an eye out for me - he imports from Japan too, so I might go that way if none com up on these shores.

Patience is a virtue, or so I'm told... I hope it's red when it does turn up :-)

Hi, I had been looking until recently but unfortunately don't have the readdies at had at the moment (until I sell my Caterham 7 that is!). I came across this one though. Have you checked this one out?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...00631101276413

I know you want a black roof but I imagine you could have it resprayed for not too much?

PS does anyone know about the apparently 'mint' 56,000 miler in weybridge for £20,450 (in E&M)? The history seemed a bit patchy and it sounds like it had been left standing rather too much to me. Also the current owner didn't seem to know much about NSX's which sounds a bit suspect

regards and good luck

Robin

(hope to join you in the hunt before long!)

8. Default

O, I'm not worried about the colour of the roof - it's only a black roof I'm looking at as that's what my budget dictates...

That is a damn fine car but it's a wee bit out of my price range but I definitely want a Coupe, not a Targa...

Cheers for the link though... Keep 'em coming, as you see them...