Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to move on

Default Time to move on

After 6 years, I'm moving on :-(. I never anticipated keeping V6NSX for that long but I have been mightily impressed with the car throughout its time with me: Honda got this one bang on right! And the fact that my 97k mileage car looks 99% as good as the day it rolled out of the showroom is testament to the company and the car's previous owners.

It has gone off this morning with Plans, will appear on their site in the next few days I guess.

I've done a fair amount of tinkering to the car: repairs, upgrades etc and that has been one of the joys, it's not a hard car to work on. And you get a true vision of how the engineer's minds worked, which is truly fascinating. However, why Honda spent all that time and money developing the car then put those massively heavy cats and exhaust on it, is beyond me!

And a special thanks to Kaz: a mine of information and assistance even if there is no gain for him in doing so. Thanks for all your assistance on various gremlins through the years.

I may well be back but for now, I'm off to pastures new (SL63 AMG 2013 5.5 with performance pack, never owned a Merc!). In the long term I have a deposit down on one of the new TVRs but the timescale for that seems to drift on and on.

Good luck and happy motoring.

Rob
    Last edited by flyingsniffer; 28-06-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Good luck Rob, thanks for your support to the NSX euro tour and for the tea when I visited a couple of years ago! You may need a euro tour to stretch the legs of the Merc - a true bahnstormer!

Hope to see you back from the dark side!

Honda reliability got too boring?

Then again, I am quite keen to see the new TVR - one of the few interesting modern cars.

Best of luck, Rob!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

I quite liked the Lexus LC500 when I went to view it. Didn't drive so can't comment there, but the looks & interior is very nice.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Sudesh, good to hear from you.

It's a fact that there are a lot of nice cars out there waiting to be tried, many at unbelievable prices. I've not had a go in the LC500, but have had a few in the Lexus RC-F and the IS-F, which share the basic powertrain with the LC: the RC-F was another on the consideration list but I like my 'second car' to be a convertible, so went the Merc way.

Hope you are doing well.

Hi & thanks for the reply. I'm doing ok, feeling much better but still on allot of medication. I just trying to keep myself busy & fit with house hold work witch is like a full day at the gym to me lol. I would like to start NSX work again, but it seems allot of the NSX owners over here have disappeared! Only gentleman I still hear from are Andrew & Shane, the rest I have never seen or contact from just seem to have gone.

The Merc you mention is beautiful, or family are big Merc fans, mother & father have S-Class & Mother had the SL-500 a few years back, it was a beautiful car but nothing like the one you mention!
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Blog Entries

Thank you for the compliments, Rob.
    I still have your ac flush kit. After 2 years, my AC still has no leakage and blows freezing cold air....
    It was pleasure meeting you and your NSX. All the best and good luck with the sister of safety car.
    Would be nice to see you back in NSX one day.

Kaz

good luck Rob ... you have been on here for a few years now. sorry to hear you are moving to the dark side
    however hope the TVR comes to fruition!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Well, here we are just over a year later and guess what? I'M BACK.

Tomorrow I pick up W2NSX, which I bought at auction after a cheeky bid in the Classic Car Auction over the weekend.

This car seems to be in first rate condition, was sold by Plans a few years ago and was advertised at some crazy price earlier this year.

I'll change the reg to V6NSX which I still have on retention, and it will be out and about. Hopefully catch up with a few of you soon!

That didn't last very long. Welcome back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast