Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicester Heritage - Classic & Sports Car Show - 24th June

Default Bicester Heritage - Classic & Sports Car Show - 24th June

https://www.classicandsportscarshow.com/

£20.40 each advance ticket, but reads like an expanded version of a Sunday Scramble, so should be rather fun.

If we get enough interest up-front I'll enquire about their Car Club package which reads like it will get us another 15% off...would be given a Club-specific code.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

2. Default

We need to register before 1st June however,
    If I read the rules correctly we would not qualify
    "‘Classic Car Club’ refers to organisations which have registered members, and which have been established to promote the benefits of ownership of a particular marque or individual model of car, or of a particular type of car (e.g. general classic cars). This must include at least one model introduced prior to 1976"
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    We need to register before 1st June however,
    If I read the rules correctly we would not qualify
    "‘Classic Car Club’ refers to organisations which have registered members, and which have been established to promote the benefits of ownership of a particular marque or individual model of car, or of a particular type of car (e.g. general classic cars). This must include at least one model introduced prior to 1976"
    I hope you don't mind me saying but I think you might be slightly over complicating the required criteria Mike.
    A classic car is generally known as a car achieving 25 years old.
    Even if your NSX isn't it would still qualify as a sports car for the show.
    One phone call to the organisers and I'm sure they would recognise NSXCB as a qualifying car club to get the 15% discount and an allotted space at their show.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

4. Default

Thank you for your observation Clive - I merely quoted the instructions from the organisers - hence the "quotation"

And a quick call to the organisers - "sorry but unless you have vehicles in your club registered before 1976 you cannot be registered as a classic car club" - Yes I did argue that even modern Jags, Ferrari's etc could attend the answer was still the same - unless your club caters for cars registered before 1976 you cannot register.
    Last edited by sorepaws; 29-05-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Mike

Ah, just seen your post Mike - I've just pinged her an e-mail with the same request, but sounds like it'll fall on deaf ears.

What their rules mean then is that someone in e.g. the BMW owners club (which caters for cars pre-76) can rock up in their 116d and park in the display area. But we can't. A Venturi owner can't. Hell, a Mclaren F1 owner can't.

One way around this for anyone interested - if you have a PistonHeads account then PH have their own area with 300 slots - sign up on the PH website. No discount above the standard 20% though...

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

6. Default

PistonHeads would be a good option. Martin you are correct that many single model classic cars would not be eligible unless they are part of a club that has brand models registered before 1976. The reason for the date is that this is when the RAF left Bicester and that is what they commemorate.

We could of course enlist an S800 and pretend it was the pre '76 version of the NSX
    Mike

I know where there's one if you need pics for a club gallery ��
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Edit: Hmm...I appear to be having a problem with viewing smilies (Jonathan's and my own...)...anyone else finding this?

9. Default

Go PistonHeads - better discount - loads of available spaces
    https://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/event.asp?i=84913
    Mike

re. smilies... i replied from my phone (cos i can now, my old phone would let me open a reply window, but no keyboard!!!), so it's a modern smilie.....

the forum ones corrupted a while ago, we have a very limited selection of 6....
    Last edited by britlude; 29-05-2018 at 09:20 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast