Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hid kit

1. Default Hid kit

Hi which hid kits are people using in the early Na1 Nsx? I tried 2 different H1 Kits but both times the light flickers! Will i have to use a Canbus kit or something...
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by umran9 View Post
    Hi which hid kits are people using in the early Na1 Nsx? I tried 2 different H1 Kits but both times the light flickers! Will i have to use a Canbus kit or something...
    Thanks in advance
    I wouldn't bother now as the new MOT regulations which have just come into effect have outlawed the fitting of any after market hid kits to pass the test.
    Last edited by Pride; 07-05-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    I wouldn't bother now as the new MOT regulations which have just come into effect have outlawed the fitting of any after market hid kits to pass the test.
    I have a friendly mot guy...

nothing to stop you putting conventional bulbs in for the test, and swapping in hids after tho.... at least hids in the NSX projectors are better than those that put them in H4 headlights and blind everyone coming the other way, hence the change in the rules....
    Last edited by britlude; 08-05-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

This is a very timely post as I am just trying to put mine back to standard bulbs.
    The kit was installed when I got the car but the new bulbs I bought (which are meant to be for an early NSX) don't fit in the back of the headlight. They are too big to go through the badly rusted backplate. Seems whoever fitted them didnt replace the dust cover :-(
    Not sure if it makes ant difference but mine is a JDM.

Anyone got any ideas please.
    Formula Red and Black 3.0 manual

my JDM has just got H1 bulbs in the headlights.....
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Thanks Jonathan, saved me a bit of head scratching. I'll get some H1's tomorrow

If the vehicle has headlight wash, then it's fine to fit HID/Xenon headlight aftermarket kits. Just fit the kit nice and neatly too. This is what I was told anway & believe me, they are REAL strict when it comes to The MOT system here. It is government run, so no friendly back hander
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

technically in UK it needs wash and electronically adjustable aim/dip and the correct HID lenses..... just to be annoying
    aka Jonathan!!

That's not what I was told by any of the MOT stations here in N.I & as mention, it's much more strict here than UK. You "cannot" just go to your local garage for an MOT here than in UK. The vehicle has to go to an MOT Station. I have a vehicle that has an aftermarket HID kit & Headlight wash. It does not have anything else like projecter lenses etc & in all the years I've owned it there has never been an issue. It has just passed another mot again 4 weeks ago NOT one mention of anything.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast