Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    don't forget the old favorite Apathy, and the new one of people buying the cars as 'investments' now prices have risen and as such don't want to add miles!
    Probably about right. However, there must be around 350-400 cars in the UK and we've done it before. So it should be possible to achieve a reasonable turnout?!

Here are a few suggestions;
    1. Someone get the contact details of all active members and try to get some kind of momentum. This might drive enthusiasm for events. I'd be happy to do this as I spend around six hours a day on the road.
    2. Create a prominent events calender/what's on, on the forum main page.
    3. Email all members with the events
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

the only times we've had big numbers at a show was the first Japfest meet with the ontrack pics, mainly because it was the first time we actually all got together, and the biggest was the 25th anniversary at silverstone classic with the perk of a (slow) lap of the track... any other shows are lucky if we hit double figures, and they are considered well attended.... can't remember how many we had at the Gaydon meet....

the euro trip is an exception as it's got a large wider catchment area!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    the only times we've had big numbers at a show was the first Japfest meet with the ontrack pics, mainly because it was the first time we actually all got together, and the biggest was the 25th anniversary at silverstone classic with the perk of a (slow) lap of the track... any other shows are lucky if we hit double figures, and they are considered well attended.... can't remember how many we had at the Gaydon meet....

the euro trip is an exception as it's got a large wider catchment area!
    Not entirely true. We have 40+ at Japfest for at least four years and 25-30 on the other years. Paul (Senninha) managed a 50+ Japfest. What was the Silverstone number?

Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm saying nothing......

Ian
    Whilst Wales maybe no Europe I am sure those who have attended over the past 10 years have had just as much fun ��. After all we have hills, twisty roads and don't forget the sheep! I think we got upto 20 cars enjoying the roads one year not a bad turn out at all.

sharon
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 01-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Hi SHaron,

Is there a pancake run this year?

Rgds Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi SHaron,

Is there a pancake run this year?

Rgds Paul
    We are planning a jaunt first weekend in July. If interested people need to book their own hotels, Princes Arms is full but Hafod House is just up the road, they may have rooms.

regards

sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    We are planning a jaunt first weekend in July. If interested people need to book their own hotels, Princes Arms is full but Hafod House is just up the road, they may have rooms.

regards

sharon
    Hi Sharon, is that the 30th June/ 1st July or Saturday 6th and 7th please???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    6th and 7th, will need to book Friday and Saturday nights, there will be a organised evening meal on the Saturday again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    5th to 7th July

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12