Thread: Pricey NA1 in Japan

Default Pricey NA1 in Japan

The store in Japan that I bought my NSX from has a batch low mileage of cars available at the moment, including this one:

http://www.route-ks.com/stock/detail/188/index.html

yours for only 29 million Yen - that's 196k GBP plus costs.....

More here: http://www.route-ks.com/stock/index.html
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

White Type R with 6908 km...yummy, yummy.

^ less than 300km/year! virtually as new! The red one I linked to less than 50km/year - madness!

Quote Originally Posted by NZNick View Post
    ^ less than 300km/year! virtually as new! The red one I linked to less than 50km/year - madness!
    So, why don't the Japanese come over here, buy our NSXs at a fraction of their local price and take them back? Arbitrage. Or is it not practical to import a car into Japan even if originally built there?
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

I believe that there are a number of UK cars which have made the journey 'home' over the last few years.
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyOne? View Post
    I believe that there are a number of UK cars which have made the journey 'home' over the last few years.
    It makes me wonder how many are left in Japan. Certainly when importing mine, there wasn't the choice I was expecting. The good ones were also pretty expensive. I looked at a few type-S, but they'd all been crashed.
    In the end I went for a low mileage na1 because at the time they were still reasonably priced to import and represented better value for money, for me, than an na2.
    Cheers.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

"Type-S"

Not surprised. The car market is a "lemons market". The rare and good ones are in safe keeping. In the rare case of a good S or R turning up, they're sold at very high prices and rather quickly. The other ones stay on the market for a longer time. That's why it's important to take the car to evaluate the right car.