Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 f1

I'm glad that Sauber - a C-team - cancelled the deal with Honda (or Honda with Sauber with Vasseur joining Sauber). Even though being patriotic I think that Honda has much more potential with Toro Rosso. In addition, the chance to put their engine in a class A-team like Red Bull maybe in 2019 has much more potential. And Red Bull has proven to be a winning team even with a slower Renault engine.
    I don't say they deliberately blew up their engine. But after two frustrating years with McLaren they were thinking about another team and just let 2017 go while concentrating on the next deal, Toro Rosso in 2018.
    Can't wait for Adelaide...

Adelaide? You're in for quite a wait!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Ups, I meant Melbourne. Anyway, both on the continent of Australia.

This is indeed true
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 26-03-2018 at 08:13 AM.

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

So what did we learn at today's Australian GP then:

A great opportunity for Kenlow cooling fans to make a dramatic comeback with the Mercedes F1 team.😂

Alonso's McLaren team have at last made a car that can at least hold up the faster cars during a race.😂

A virtual safety car creates the most dramatic overtake of the race.😂

Honda if nothing else are being very consistent for their F1 reliability.😂

Snap-On wheel guns as used on the American Haas team are certainly not worth the money they cost.😂

Not one one of the pundits at the end of the race spoke about any overtake moves, that has to be a first.😂

The Russian drivers car was I'm sure sabotaged to fail.😂

All in all a very boring Road-Train performance from one and all, roll on Bahrain.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    All in all a very boring Road-Train performance from one and all, roll on Bahrain.
    So true. Even Mercedes coulnd't use the party modus and drive behind a car for a longer time without overheating.

I wish the Toro Rosso failed during testing and not during the race.

Hartley did some Kamikaze braking (drove like an amateur) in the first corner, ruined his tires and was forced to change them. Not the best weekend for them. I hope they'll do better next time.

McLaren was incredibly reliable and fast from what you'd expect after testing.

Schoolboy errors spoiled the HAAS weekend and the result for Lewis, but on the upside, Alonso had a decent result ... but still needs a lot of work to close the gap and to exploit the chassis if its as good as they claim ...

As for the rest of it, it was a good backdrop for a Sunday nap ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Pretty much agree with most of the above comments.

It was great to see McLaren and Fred competing properly in Division 2 (i.e. everyone bar the silver and the red cars) - they are clearly still behind Red Bull, but they've had 3 more years working with the Renault engine and have the genius that is Adrian Newey designing their cars.

Haas look a handful for the div. 2 teams - Magnussen was my driver of the day.

I think Mercedes over-revealed their hand in Q3 - giving Lewis 'Party' mode was a mistake - I really don't think they wanted everyone else to know they were actually still 0.7sec ahead. Sobering for Ferrari I'm sure.

You have to wonder what the hell Williams are doing with that engine - very sad to see two, at best, wealthy but inexperienced journeymen in a seat once squabbled over by the likes of Senna, Mansell and Prost.

Whilst I was quite happy to see a red car win, someone at the FIA really needs to look at the VSC protocols...

As for Honda - that was a dismal showing, yielding an even worse result than Melbourne last year with McLaren, and that is quite an achievement!
    Last edited by WhyOne?; 26-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

hmmmm... well that was dull.....

not got sky so avoided the news and watched it on channel 4... Sarah googled the result half way thru the race as it was soooo dull and couldn't be bothered to watch the procession!!! lol

how they have managed to get to a point where the cars are finally matched, but even with the artificial advantage of DRS the cars cannot get close enough to actually make an overtake attempt. if they do follow closely they overheat the car, or ruin the tyres.... then we get to the point Hamilton backs off to preserve the engine... it is getting increasingly farcical!!!

as for bottas getting a grid penalty because he had to replace the gearbox after a crash in the first race quali.......

if it carries on like this i'm not sure i'll be too fussed that live races go exclusively to pay-per-view next year.

if they want more action, they need to stop going to tracks that don't actually allow for overtaking.

it is ridiculous that all the pundits were saying its a difficult track to overtake on before it even started! if that is the case change it, or don't go there!

oh, and the Halo hasn't added at all, but now we're stuck with it....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Other than that, quite impressed then Jonathan?!

Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast