Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC looking for car to film - urgent response

1. Default

I sent the details to the BBC researcher - they should be following up. I have had no further information from them
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    I sent the details to the BBC researcher - they should be following up. I have had no further information from them
    I spoke with Gina from BBC about lunchtime today, unfortunately I was in Grimsby on business and logistically couldn't get things sorted for tomorrow, I wanted to be there as opposed to having the car trailered to location and back. A shame but it was last minute, I was told that they got let down at last minute... I tried...

3. Default

Would help if they gave more notice, but thank you to everyone for trying to provide a car.
    Mike

why does the entertainment industry ALWAYS want everything at the last moment, and are usually sooo vague on the details that no-one is willing to commit!

'NSX wanted next thursday in the south'.... that's anywhere from lands end to dover!!! so someone in devon says ok i can help, only to find they want the car in tonbridge, or vice versa! and they wonder why these things are a pain and not as well supported as they could be!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    Would help if they gave more notice, but thank you to everyone for trying to provide a car.
    Why didn’t they just go to Honda UK and use theirs??
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    Why didn’t they just go to Honda UK and use theirs??
    Maybe because HUK had to deal with a journalist who brought a crashed car back...

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Maybe because HUK had to deal with a journalist who brought a crashed car back...
    I did get to read the T&C's on insurance and to be fair wasn't happy with some of the wording and liability, with no time to question and change, if that would happen, didn't help. Shame, but as mentioned better planning would give more chance of success, most know programme schedule a fair way ahead.

I guess there will be no review on the best 90's poster car to watch then! :-(

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    I did get to read the T&C's on insurance and to be fair wasn't happy with some of the wording and liability, with no time to question and change, if that would happen, didn't help. Shame, but as mentioned better planning would give more chance of success, most know programme schedule a fair way ahead.

I guess there will be no review on the best 90's poster car to watch then! :-(
    I offered my 1991 completely stock car, I was away but I had someone lined up to drive it where ever it was needed, but other than the OP and Mark (the previous owner), no one got back to me on it since I believe they thought they already had a car - I would have been happy to let a jorno drive it properly (within reason) as plenty of my friends including racing drivers have driven it including on race tracks.

Shame. a real missed opportunity!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_20170831_193813.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	13333

Quote Originally Posted by paulmnz View Post
    I offered my 1991 Nsx

Shame. a real missed opportunity!

Name:	thumbnail_20170831_193813.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	13333
    What a fantastic picture you posted Paul, very brave of you relying on just a rear window sucker. 😰

Do do you sometimes put 2 bikes on it???
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    What a fantastic picture you posted Paul, very brave of you relying on just a rear window sucker. 

Do do you sometimes put 2 bikes on it???
    I did for that trip, that photo was a day-trip with just one bike, but this how the majority of the journey looked:

Name:	thumbnail_20170825_144225.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	13335

Name:	thumbnail_20170827_164139.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	13336

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast