Thread: Aftermarket Parts

Default Aftermarket Parts

Hi

I know that buying genuine honda parts is the route to go , however, a number of parts are being discontinued . Are there any aftermarket parts that are oem quality or better ? Is it worth doing a post giving details of these and where they are available ( e.g.NTK- Lambda Sensor - USA)

There are not many critical OEM parts being discontinued. My Swiss friend told me that the Swiss dealer was unable to get a fuel filter and other parts. So we bought it in Japan.

Even if the NTK o2-sensor would be still available at ££££ people go with the identical NTk part directly, just because they are much cheaper.

Quickest way to see what’s about, search RockAuto, pick Acura, NSX and your year and go through each of the menu headings to see what’s available. Armed with that as background information you’ll have a better idea when the time comes. As to whether aftermarket is OEM, is better or worse it’s your call on an item by item basis.

Hi

Thanks for the replies . I was , however , trying to start a parts list/buying guide for quality aftermarket parts for the NSX . My reason for this list was to know if there is an alternative quality product available as parts are discontinued/harder to get from honda (i.e. not normally in stock ). This would also reduce the time the car is off the road as I have in the past had to wait 6 weeks for honda parts to arrive for repairs to my car .

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Quickest way to see whatÂ’s about, search RockAuto, pick Acura, NSX and your year and go through each of the menu headings to see whatÂ’s available. Armed with that as background information youÂ’ll have a better idea when the time comes. As to whether aftermarket is OEM, is better or worse itÂ’s your call on an item by item basis.

The RockAuto listing is probably the extent of aftermarket non Honda parts that are available unless you are into esoteric JDM tuning firms.
    If what you need isn’t there, then check the Honda part number to see if it’s specific to the NSX (SL0) or a part common with other Hondas. If the part is purely Honda you can search against vendors here, Europe, the States and Japan for both new and second-hand.
    HOWEVER, without knowing what parts you specifically want to stockpile any commentary is going to be a vague as the above. If though there is specific part you need then post seeking that or advice on the same.