Thread: Gen 1 NSX prices

1. Default Gen 1 NSX prices

Hi all,
    There's a chance I may be selling my NSX in the Spring / Summer, although not certain. I wondered what the forum thought on values? Looking at the internet I agree with some earlier posts, the prices are all over the place, anything from £30K (auction, high miles gaps in history) up to £70K for a proper dealer car.lots of so so cars available and one or two nominal mileage garage queens at very high prices. Mine is a red manual, 1992, 50,000, and immaculate with a brilliant dealer history. To be honest, cliche or not it would be a very reluctant sale, as to drive an NSX has been for me a revelation, so so much better than my 911 in every respect except a bit of misplaced snobbery on the part of buyers!

Not written in stone then, and depends on other things working out, but it may go this year; clearly there are some wiser heads than me on this forum, so thoughts on values anyone??

£55k - more if the zero interest rate bubble continues as Spring turns into Summer.

Goldtop's estimate might be slightly hot (I was going to suggest c.£50k), but ask it and see if someone bites.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Well, IMHO, the OP's is the archetypical NSX - manual, non-PAS. And the number of those with 50,000 miles is now very small. Red, too.

Plans is selling a '92 LHD with 98,000 miles for £53k, and there's another '92 manual with 60,000 miles at £56,500 on AT, with a '91 manual on 29,000 miles at £65,000.

Of course, all are asking prices, and dealers can offer trade facilities, but that doesn't stop the OP's from being one of the more interesting NSXs (almost) on the market. And we're not into sunny weather yet.

What is OP’s ?
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Original poster

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    ...but that doesn't stop the OP's from being one of the more interesting NSXs (almost) on the market.
    Agree with that. Red unmodified early NA1 with full history is THE classic / poster-boy look...which probably makes it an ideal investor-spec car (late NA2 possibly aside).

Good luck with the sale Richie...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

8. Default

Thanks for the advice, I agree with these thoughts, lets see how it goes....