Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NSX Database

Currently only plates (with previous plates as well where known) as the VIN numbers are not in the public domain. However any information that people are willing to provide to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB
    Are you collecting all VIN numbers for the cars? The trouble with getting just plates (if that's what you are doing) is that they are often changed for a private plate as you pointed out in another post.
    I know mine has had 3 or more plate changes.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB
    Are you collecting all VIN numbers for the cars? The trouble with getting just plates (if that's what you are doing) is that they are often changed for a private plate as you pointed out in another post.
    I know mine has had 3 or more plate changes.
    That is a good point - it could lead to considerable confusion, if the same plate ends up on a similar car.

I'm not surprised so many have NSX plates - whereas so many personalised plates look tacky/naff/don't go there, one that's so easily made & appropriate to the car looks cool. Think my favourite is probably V6 NSX!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Very happy to supply my car details. VIN is useful to have; number plate less so. Miy plate (K3NSX) has been applied to three of them, ranging from a 93 coupe to 99 NSX-T! How do I get a PM to you?

Very happy to supply my car details. VIN is useful to have; number plate less so. Miy plate (K3NSX) has been applied to three of them, ranging from a 93 coupe to 99 NSX-T! How do I get a PM to you?

at the bottom of each of simonprelude's posts are 2 icons, 'profile' and 'pm'... I'll let you guess the rest!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Simon,

Would be interested in the detail and happy to offer help, though I think you have most of the research tools to hand :wink: .

When I was researching before buying I tried to obtain information on numbers, colours, models etc from both Ivan and HUK. HUK offered no assistance but Ivan provided a spec sheet showing the various models/changes plus these numbers;

UK Sales to date:

Year Sales
    1991 125
    1992 41
    1993 47
    1994 19
    1995 55
    1996 38
    1997 35
    1998 10
    1999 17
    2000 11
    2001 8
    2002 23"

So thats 429 plus the 12 specials = 441. Add in 03/04/05/55 and it might be as many as 500 total sales?

Ref my car I think you know most of the details and S2 NSX has been on the car from new I believe.

Regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hmm, slightly more than the 300 most people seem to think then

500 in 15 years is still not many.

Aston Martin sold 1035 DB9 last year alone.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

But it does explain why I saw one other at Le Mans ( i Know there were several of us there) and gave up counting Astons, 911's and Ferrari's!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude
    Hmm, slightly more than the 300 most people seem to think then

I wonder what percentage of these cars are still on the road, or actually worth owning?
    I suppose we ough to count the imports as well.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast