Thread: Interior right door handle

Default Interior right door handle

No longer pulls the door release cable as the plastic connection has snapped. There is a aluminium replacement available in the 🇺🇸 However does anyone know where I can get one this side of the pond . Also same door window has just dropped to the bottom of the door does anyone know what I need to repair this

Welcome.
    Not sure of anywhere you can get one of the metal fix its this side of the pond but you could try AS Motorsport who are vendors on here.
    For the window, you will need a new regulator. There is a small reinforcement piece you may want to buy to stop your passenger side window regulator going the same way....
    I have a spare drivers side regulator for sale. If you are interested, drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    For the window, you will need a new regulator.
    I'd try to repair them. When you install the Hugabuga thingies you're basically doing the same. But really depends on your level of DIY or finding a guy who is willing to do this kind of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttd322 View Post
    No longer pulls the door release cable as the plastic connection has snapped. There is a aluminium replacement available in the  However does anyone know where I can get one this side of the pond . Also same door window has just dropped to the bottom of the door does anyone know what I need to repair this
    hi

The usual suspect for the window drop is a plastic 'widget' which holds the wire which raises and lowers the window. Being plastic over the years they get brittle and snap. When they do the wire which is tensioned wraps itself in the winding mechanism. At one time you could get an aluminium replacement widget from the States but I'm not sure if the vendor is still around. The winding mechanism is supposed to be non-serviceable but it is possible to open it and retention the spring but it is a real pain!
    Sometimes it's possible to get the window raised but don't try and lower it! Of course the actually motor might have burned out in which case all of the above it irrelevant.
    In my option the easiest and permanent fix is to try and get a metal widget replacement and install it on a complete regulator.

Rich

If you have to buy a new regulator you won't need to reinforce the plastic widget that holds the end of the regulator wires, as that common fault was fixed ~1994.
    If your wire has not frayed, you could try repairing. There is a video posted on YouTube which could be handy for you if you go that route. You can still buy the widgets from various vendors if required.
    BTW, the spare I have is the later, improved, regulator.