Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Roadster - for those fixated with performances stats....

Default Tesla Roadster - for those fixated with performances stats....

2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

They certainly do and what great value for money too if you can live with going silent at warp speeds???😂
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I'm sure that they can develop the power but the biggest problem must be transferring that to the road. I can't imagine them being able to do that with current road legal tyres?

Olly

plenty of tyres out there to get the power down onto the road... 0-60 and the quarter miles times are do-able with modified cars on street rubber and the tesla has the advantage of 4wd.....

that said, stopping the tyres exploding at 250+mph is the bigger issue....

bugatti veyron/etc tyres are a fortune, but if the tesla is using tweaked versions of its standard motor/drive configurations, then there is more wiggle room for a £16k set of tyres!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

An interesting read from the latest Goodwood news release:

https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/road/n...ANSFMB,KFLLC,1
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Am I the only one to think "meh, another one chasing top-trumps"?

Teslas so far are very much one-trick ponies - monster acceleration, but handling has never been top-notch (even the Elise-based Mk1 Roadster suffered from the extra weight on a short wheelbase, by all accounts), interior fit-and-finish is typically American, and styling is on the bland side of anonymous.

...so I'll keep my lottery winnings for a Speciale or a Zonda, thanks. (And probably an NA2-S)
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I just don't get it - why a 4(ish)-seater? It's not as if anyone in the back will do anything other than vomit on themselves in a claustrophobic panic if this car is driven as it can be....

Only nice thing I can see are the Y-spoke wheels, and they aren't that good in execution.
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

I was encouraged to read comments form Elon 'Stark' a day or two ago stating that the roadster will have a special mode (equivalent to 'Ludicrous' in the Type S) for those occasions when 0-100 in 4.2 seconds is just not quick enough.....
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

I'm afraid I'm a bit 'meh' about anything that comes from Planet Musk.

Model 3 production is a disaster, which the whole industry has been saying would be his problem: turning a loss-making concept (EVERY car he has sold to date, has lost money) into a profitable reality is where the problems lie.

And that truck? Wow, it looks the business doesn't it? However, having been in the industry, the first question is, how much will it cost and how much can it carry? Err...https://www.wired.com/2017/06/elon-m...truck-battery/
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    I'm afraid I'm a bit 'meh' about anything that comes from Planet Musk.
    Have you had a chance to experience a launch with Ludicrous mode turned on? It's pretty impressive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast