Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For sale at Auction

1. Default For sale at Auction

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/1991-honda-nsx

Looks like a good price for an auto in Silver
    Mike

Looks a fair bit tidier than the last one (Silver '97 3.2 manual with far fewer miles on the clock) that they tried to put through there. Front bumper's had a respray, but on a 26y.o. 100k car you'd expect that.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Looks a fair bit tidier than the last one (Silver '97 3.2 manual with far fewer miles on the clock) that they tried to put through there. Front bumper's had a respray, but on a 26y.o. 100k car you'd expect that.
    I went to see that car. They scored it 97 out of 135. I think the person who assessed that car must have had cataracts. It wasn't so much a barn find, as an ocean find!
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 09-11-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I went to see that car. They scored it 97 out of 135. I think the person who assessed that car must have had cataracts. It wasn't so much a barn find, as an ocean find!
    I went to look at a low-mile, one-owner UKDM DC2 there, which had a score >100, and turned out to be sheddier than a B&Q outlet store - really bad rear end repair from the B-pillar back which had dodgy panel gaps, bad colour match, flat paint and an inch-wide hole in the top of the NSR wing where the 'leccy aerial (same as NSX) should have been)...lovely corrosion opportunity there!

On talking to one of the people who worked there she revealed that the consignors give the scores, not the auction house. Talk about caveat emptor...

Decided with my mate that having gone to the effort of going there to see that poor 'teg we should have a nose around the rest of the lots, out of professional courtesy (he's a 110RON petrolhead and good amateur detailer). Over half looked ropey...there were some apparent gems amongst the muck, but the whole 'classic car market' appears to be a great way to separate fools from their money (the 'teg went for >£9k!).

PS - are you local as well? Remember seeing a LBB NA2 around a few years back, and my mate keeps seeing a grey (kaiser?) w/red NA2 around Leam at the moment...

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

I went to look at a low-mile, one-owner UKDM DC2 there, which had a score >100, and turned out to be sheddier than a B&Q outlet store - really bad rear end repair from the B-pillar back which had dodgy panel gaps, bad colour match, flat paint and an inch-wide hole in the top of the NSR wing where the 'leccy aerial (same as NSX) should have been)...lovely corrosion opportunity there!

On talking to one of the people who worked there she revealed that the consignors give the scores, not the auction house. Talk about caveat emptor...

Decided with my mate that having gone to the effort of going there to see that poor 'teg we should have a nose around the rest of the lots, out of professional courtesy (he's a 110RON petrolhead and good amateur detailer). Over half looked ropey...there were some apparent gems amongst the muck, but the whole 'classic car market' appears to be a great way to separate fools from their money (the 'teg went for >£9k!).

PS - are you local as well? Remember seeing a LBB NA2 around a few years back, and my mate keeps seeing a grey (kaiser?) w/red NA2 around Leam at the moment...
    I've always been based in Somerset. And although I have owned a couple of LBB cars. It was a while ago now.
    As for the auction company. I'm sure they sell some nice cars. And I understand they have to promote the stock they are trying to sell.
    But the car I saw was truly terrible. Perhaps the worst NSX I have ever seen. And I've seen some bad ones.
    At the time I felt relieved to get away from it. Although I probably should have been annoyed they gave me a very distorted picture. And an eight hour round trip!
    The amazing thing is that it nearly hit reserve at auction, which means that someone was will to pay over £40k for this car. Now that's incredibly cheap for a 3.2, but to get it into good condition, you would have needed another £20k.
    unfortunately, it seems that very few people understand exactly what they are buying and don't look closer than the silhouette of the car. They see an NSX and they buy it because of what it is. Not what kind of car they are buying as a whole.

Cheers.

Ah, hang on - you went to see the silver '97 they had in about 6 weeks ago, right? Parked in the middle of the room near a black E61 M5, which I would have been tempted by if I had a shorter commute.

I saw that one too...and you're right - REALLY curdled spilt milk (or something equally nasty) in the boot, hence the missing carpet and tool kit/jack etc., cut-up engine bay cover, 3 shades of silver, badly-placed HID ballasts, etc. etc.
    (And yeah, they gave me the same BS about the black 'teg when I phoned up to enquire about condition...glad I was only 30mins away and wasted <2hrs of my time...)

Mike's link above is a different car...

Ah, hang on - you went to see the silver '97 they had in about 6 weeks ago, right? Parked in the middle of the room near a black E61 M5, which I would have been tempted by if I had a shorter commute.

I saw that one too...and you're right - REALLY curdled spilt milk (or something equally nasty) in the boot, hence the missing carpet and tool kit/jack etc., cut-up engine bay cover, 3 shades of silver, badly-placed HID ballasts, etc. etc.
    (And yeah, they gave me the same BS about the black 'teg when I phoned up to enquire about condition...glad I was only 30mins away and wasted <2hrs of my time...)

Mike's link above is a different car...
    That's the one! As you say; not the one in Mike's link.

Cheers.

The '97 silver NA2 is currently for sale on Autotrader.
    This car comes up every so often - I seem to remember a previous thread indicating owned by Jaguar at some point, with a roll cage installed?
    2001 Honda NSX Indy Yellow SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by andystevo View Post
    This car comes up every so often - I seem to remember a previous thread indicating owned by Jaguar at some point, with a roll cage installed?
    The ex-Jag car was used as a mule for original F-Type development in ~2000 (unfortunately google almost refuses to acknowledge this original car existed, let alone provide any data on it). I believe it was rather cut-up, so if this is the same car it's had a replacement dash and other panels as well...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by andystevo View Post
    The write up, or lack of it, in the description is enough to put you off alone!
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast