Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing

I've been recommended Collinite 476 as a good, durable carnuba-based wax - a friend used it after detailing my NSX and it seemed to last a decent amount of time. I use their easier-to-deal-with 845 with fair results, but I'm an amateur at this...

I've also been told Meguiars NXT is a good detergent for use in hard-water areas, possibly a little agressive on waxes (unless you dose precisely) with soft water.

Finally, the snow-foams are mainly if you've a very dirty car that NEEDS a pre-wash to loosen up the crud. Otherwise just keep it waxed and hose-off with a jet-wash on a low-ish pressure...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I sing that Electric Six song whilst cleaning the paint with the gay bar; it amuses me and stops the neighbours talking at me, strangely.

I use Collinite 915, which is as hard as nails and difficult to apply - need to apply by hand, literally; the warmth helps to soften it.

But topped-up with the spray, it lasts and lasts.

Anyway, since Botophucket kicked it you'll have to imagine the results, unless someone has saved a page.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Oh, I remember:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01312resized.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	13169

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01322resized.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	13171
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 27-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

This remembers me of my time with Carnauba waxes where I used to heat the wax and panels with a hair drier before applying it. What a mess!

5. Default

Been using Collinite 476 for several years now. Fairly easy to use and lasts for months. In between applications I use Optimum spray wax. It's the best spray wax I've come across. It also lasts very well and, you don't have to worry about getting it on black plastic.

I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist - have you compared the two, out of interest?

Car as pictured hasn't been 'properly' waxed for more than a year.
    Nick

Turtle wax, can’t beat it!
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist - have you compared the two, out of interest?

Car as pictured hasn't been 'properly' waxed for more than a year.
    I have been meaning to try the Pinnacle Crystal Mist. It is often out of stock at the vendors I use, or quite a bit more money than the Optimum. I expect it is an excellent product also.

Quote Originally Posted by dcnsx View Post
    Turtle wax, can’t beat it!
    You may joke about this legendary brand but some top detailers still recommend and use it: 😂

http://www.best-auto-detailing-tips....-compound.html

And still it keeps winning awards ahead of the Collinite polish:😂

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...nd-polish-test
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Im not joking, i’ve usually got a bottle on the shelf.
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast