Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Detailing

Your car looks fantastic, good effort! Be a shame to get it dirty now
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Thanks very much! I guess it needed something like 25-30 hours but the interior has still to be cleaned... For the next 4-5 months the car will be in a dry but cold garage. Even covered it might collect a little bit of dust but that will be removed very quickly after the first rinse with water next spring.

Time to do some maintenance...valve adjustment, fresh coolant etc. The TB/WP has been postponed to summer 2018 as it's too cold to work below 10 deg. C.

VERY nice...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Scrubs up well, doesn't it?
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Repainted valve covers. The old paint hasn't been stripped before repainting as it was still ok, just two coats of Dupli Color heat paint 800 deg. C to cover the stains which couldn't be removed (burnt-in ceramic paste).
    I've found the covering pieces in the furniture department of my DIY store: round white/black pieces which you normally glue on the ends of a chair/table to not scratch the floor. 5 bucks for different sizes and a lot of time-savings...

I've thought about RED valve covers and Dupli Color RED 500 deg. C is said to be a good match but not the same as the Type R. I couldn't justify 300-400 bucks for them...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2945.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	13238 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2948.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	13239
    Last edited by goldnsx; 27-11-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Reviving an old post.
    I'm looking for tips on glass cleaning, more inside than out. I can never seem to get a smear free finish. Any product recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Reviving an old post.
    I'm looking for tips on glass cleaning, more inside than out. I can never seem to get a smear free finish. Any product recommendations?
    Take it to a detailer to just clean the glass, I did and it’s now perfect, didn’t cost a lot to do, I waited while they did it, it took about 2hrs inside and out and I took a note of the product they used.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

8. Default

Two hours??!! And I thought some of the detailers we had at the dealership were slow.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Two hours??!! And I thought some of the detailers we had at the dealership were slow.
    Lol, Seriously though, one particular detailer I know who self pro-claims to be the “world’s most detailed detailer” and takes a minimum 8hrs on just your glass.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Mines now sorn and ready for a Autumn/winter of even more cleaning and, well cleaning. I meant to get it up for sale last spring, but missed the window of opportunity for a handful of reasons. So withrew the advert after a couple of weeks.
    Anyway, I’m looking forward to a few fun projects over the next 4-5 months. Then hopefully, finally get it up for sale in April.
    On the bright side, the longer I leave it the better it gets.
    The dry ice clean last year has given me a fantastic base for getting the underneath perfect, or close to. I’d considered concours but realistically I’d have to take the whole car apart. And as tempting as it is, just no. I don’t think most people really understand what a retentive world of hell that is.
    Anyway, another year and another 500 miles. Next year, fingers crossed, that will change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2DC9516-4651-4474-919D-DD57732648B7.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	14690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B23565F-D4E7-4948-A45C-DB6908B2827B.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	14691  
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast