Thread: A little reminder

Cool A little reminder

Don't get much of a chance to drive NSX 5 (Red/Black manual 1991 49k miles) at the moment with being busy at work (apart from a glorious trip to Goodwood in the Summer) but wife's XC90 is in the garage so she's in the BMW 650i (yikes!) and NSX 5 had to revert to being the daily driver.

My goodness I had forgotten how great these cars are! You need time away from them to appreciate just how completely engineered the NSX was. It must have seemed like something from another planet when compared to similar ilk 964's and 348's.

I had been casually looking at the prices of NSX's going up and thinking what else you could trade up to from here (i8 anyone? interesting tech), but the drive into work this morning has banished all such thoughts, it's staying put for the foreseeable future! My BMW is faster I'm sure but that misses the point completely, the NSX is all about the experience, and more speed would definitely not make it any better IMHO. Kind of ironic that when the modern cars fail you can rely on a 26 year old Honda to step up to the plate!

ATB

Robin.
    1991 Red/Black manual NSX 5 53,000 miles.
    2016 BAC Mono 7,000 miles (just mind blowing, how is it road legal?)

Daily driver 2005 Porsche 997.1 C2S manual (Peak 911 IMHO)

Long time no post Robin...
    Good to see a few of the long time members still happy to share a post.
    I got my Red/Black soon after yours and completely agree with your comments...I can't stay away from mine for more than a fortnight and have racked up 40K miles ..

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo