Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A11 NSX little grand tour....

1. Default

Good question-it was just when I was listening to CDs. I'll try with radio next. As an aside there are still 6 cds in it from the previous owner. Three Robbie Williams / Take that and some great collections. If the previous owner doesn't claim them I'm 'aving them especially as one I had but lost��

Due to the music taste of the former owner he must have been <25.

3. Default

Ps anyone help me post pictures?! The forum image attachment in 'go advanced' is not working. Created a flickr account but I can't copy the url using this iPad... booooo

Reply - Go Advanced - Management Attachments - Add Files - Upload - Insert

5. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	13157

Managed to upload this picture so far... it's like trying the most frustrating thing...

Anyway this is on the A82 near Glen Coe and Glen Nevis. I've got others by Loch Lomond and on the A66.

Thoughts: Three roads today - the A66, M74 and A82. I had to stick to the latter due to logistical reasons but will try the recommended alternative next year.

Within 2 miles of the A66 I had more fun than the entire previous day. Much clearer roads north of Leeds basically. Steady driving interspersed with bonkers engine howl overtaking. Still mostly sensible behavior due to the constant speed camera brainwashing in Switzerland.

A82 great around Loch Lomond and better beyond. Have done over 400 miles without refueling. As I re-acquainted myself with the NSX it became almost spiritual and driving roads like the A66 in relentless gloom added to the atmosphere.

Couple of random observations. Leeds south is very congested. Looking at the SatNav constantly does not speed up journey time. There are more car spotters on bridges than I remember.... even with hi vis jackets and long lense cameras. The Grog and Gruel in Fort William where I am writing this is full of German speakers. Home from home....

Quote Originally Posted by dobbiej View Post
    Good question-it was just when I was listening to CDs. I'll try with radio next. As an aside there are still 6 cds in it from the previous owner. Three Robbie Williams / Take that and some great collections. If the previous owner doesn't claim them I'm 'aving them especially as one I had but lost��
    Thanks
    Quite likely it is not the Honda branded original CD changer? If I am correct, this can be fairly easily rectified; for some reason Honda decided to switch two of the pins around in the DIN lead. I can't remember which two off the top of my head but switching the two could cure your issue. I had the same with my car when I bought it.
    Last edited by NSXGB; 27-09-2017 at 05:25 PM.

If you're up in the west Highlands, this road is worth a visit...

It's the A832 heading NW on the run towards Kinlochewe, which is just off the top of the aforementioned A890. To be fair, a lot of the roads around there are beautiful...to look at and to drive...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

8. Default Last leg

Climbed or rather walked Ben Nevis today and got the 500 mile drive to look forward to tomorrow back to drop the car off on the South Coast. No new pictures as I can't get anything to upload any more. Boo. Thanks for the road suggestions and I'll definitely be back. Really got to do the Islands and Highlands tour I've been meaning to do for decades. Swapped the cds over so Robbie is no more and looking forward to coming back.

As an aside, is there a Honda / NSX presence in the NEC Classic Car Show in November..?

Quote Originally Posted by dobbiej View Post
    As an aside, is there a Honda / NSX presence in the NEC Classic Car Show in November..?
    It appears to be a trade show rather than a club show. Prices for floor space are a little...steep...
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Sorry for going off topic but have you considered a bluetooth tape adaptor? My cd player works fine but I got fed up with it jumping it seemed over every bump! So I bought one of these and I never looked back. Providing your tape deck still works fine, which luckily mine did.
    https://www.ionaudio.com/products/de...pter-bluetooth
    Dave
    Berlina Black NA2 6 speed manual - Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12