Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

Was not aware of this :
    I renewed my insurance on my NSX in June 2017 with ClassicLine. Received all my documentation all good....until today when I received a letter from MID Motor Insurance Database to say my vehicle is not insured as it not on there data base.
    I spoke to ClassicLine and they confirmed that I have paid and my Certificate of Motor insurance is all in order, however it has not been put on the database . It appears they do not check and only know if there is a problem when a customer reports back

Just spoken to a friend and he had the same problem , was pulled over by the police for having no insurance and they found a tyre with low tread , he was fined . Yes he was insured and had to take his documents to the police station.

It appears it can take 72 hours for it to get on the database. My car is in the garage until I check on the website.

Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Was not aware of this :
    I renewed my insurance on my NSX in June 2017 with ClassicLine. Received all my documentation all good....until today when I received a letter from MID Motor Insurance Database to say my vehicle is not insured as it not on there data base.
    I spoke to ClassicLine and they confirmed that I have paid and my Certificate of Motor insurance is all in order, however it has not been put on the database . It appears they do not check and only know if there is a problem when a customer reports back

Just spoken to a friend and he had the same problem , was pulled over by the police for having no insurance and they found a tyre with low tread , he was fined . Yes he was insured and had to take his documents to the police station.

It appears it can take 72 hours for it to get on the database. My car is in the garage until I check on the website.

Kingsley
    Just checked....all of mine are OK. Thanks for the prompt
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

A few years back when I was with Hagerty I had a similar problem. I wanted a chip repaired on the NSX windscreen, Autoglass turned up and said I wasn't on the database so I had to pay for the repair, Hagerty refunded me but it led to two years of phone calls of accident chasers as my details must have been 'sold' on as a claim!

Just checked our database on MID update.

May NSX is still on cover.

Is this a problem with JDM imports?
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 21-09-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: wording

couple of years ago, coming from MOT centre I was tailed by police and pulled in. Could not for the life of me wonder why I was pulled. The cop was really dead on and knew something was up when I said I had just come from mot and certificate sitting in passenger seat. He said I was coming up with no insurance, but I had just renewed the previous day. I offered to bring all details in to local station but he was happy with explanation.

On review, I remember doing some sys analysis on a police system and external feeds from t likes of insurance can take up to 48hrs for refresh etc. So just keep this in mind

@gcon45 not a specific issue with jdm imports ... never had any issues and now have 2 jdm imports under my care
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 21-09-2017 at 03:31 PM. Reason: wording
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Well just checked again and it is still showing as being uninsured, ClassicLine informed me it may take 24 Hours to filter through on to the data base WHY ...... I reported this 4 days ago. Maybe carrier pigeons are still being used to transfer data......

Not impressed My car is not a jdm import
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 21-09-2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
    Well just checked again and it is still showing as being uninsured, ClassicLine informed me it may take 24 Hours to filter through on to the data base WHY ...... I reported this 4 days ago. Maybe carrier pigeons are still being used to transfer data......

Not impressed My car is not a *** import
    I doubt this will happen with CL (I hope not as I'm with them too) but I have heard of unscrupulous companies taking the cash but not insuring you at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hagasan View Post
    I doubt this will happen with CL (I hope not as I'm with them too) but I have heard of unscrupulous companies taking the cash but not insuring you at all!!
    Only Scottish ones though.
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

Finally shorted .........4 phone calls and 3 e-mails today chasing It took 4 days.... it is "now showing as insured " on the Motor Insurance Database. I had a valid Certificate of Insurance the problem is if you get picked up by the cameras or police cars it flags a warning..... car not insured. So guess what they stop you. I also tried to tax the car and on that web site it shows not insured.

Classic Line told me it was the Under Writers fault so I phoned them direct , they confirmed it is the brokers that input the data .......I had never heard of this MID before . will certainly check my cars each time I insure them Kingsley