Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geometry Alignment

Default Geometry Alignment

If this has been covered before I apologise

I have a 1991 Auto and was wondering if the changes to the Geometry that were applied to the later cars can be done to a '91 - The reason for asking is the usual issue of high rear tyre wear.

Thank you in advance for the help

Regards

Mike

Yes they can.

Thank you -
    the car is now almost 19 years old and time for Kaz to spend some time on it I just hope my bank balance is upto the job. Looks like I have lots of work for Kaz !

If you are going to Kaz, use his alignment place JPS. Very reasonably priced, the guy knows what he is doing with regard to the NSX (trained by the master!) and the guy is a perfectionist. When my car emerged from their workshop my settings were either perfect from side to side or within 1'.
    I did try using Wheels in Motion who come very highly recommended across many car forums but in my experience JPS knocks them for six as far as the NSX goes.

Hi Simon,

How long does the alignment take on average? I haven't done mine for a couple of years and whilst I've not hit anything (potholes incuded), something is not quite right.

Maybe this could be a group event?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Paul- Lack of sideways action means Geometry often goes out

;P
    THE POWER OF DREAMS.

Brakes are no good- they just slow you down
    (Juan Manuel Fangio)

Being a fan of Honda engines, I later went to Honda's Tochigi Research Center on two occasions and requested that they consider building for the McLaren F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up equipped with a BMW engine.
    (Gordon Murray)

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Hi Simon,

How long does the alignment take on average? I haven't done mine for a couple of years and whilst I've not hit anything (potholes incuded), something is not quite right.

Maybe this could be a group event?

regards, Paul
    I can't remember exactly how long it took, maybe 1.5 hours for me but we had some problems.

Hi,

I am about to get new rear tyres for my '91 manual. Having alignment done on their Hunter system. Problem is toe in setting is in degrees not mm. Does anyone know what 3mm equates to in degrees and minutes? Or how to convert one to the other

y (in deg) = invtan (x (in mm) / 1000)
    3mm = 0.17 deg
    if you have minutes instead of degrees: 0.17 * 60 = 10.3 minutes

Brilliant, thanks.
    Roy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast