Thread: Does anybody know this car

1. Default Does anybody know this car

Hi All,

I am interested in buying a NSX for the first time and have spotted a likely candidate. Does anybody know this car, the reg No is A14 CHU.

LInk to the advert is https://www.autoweb.co.uk/used-cars/honda/nsx/17873328

If you do know the car could you let me have any info and past history etc

Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Hi All,

I am interested in buying a NSX for the first time and have spotted a likely candidate. Does anybody know this car, the reg No is A14 CHU.

LInk to the advert is https://www.autoweb.co.uk/used-cars/honda/nsx/17873328

If you do know the car could you let me have any info and past history etc

Cheers Phil
    Hi,

On paper it looks fine. However, for your information this car was advertised for sale by Plans in October last year for £75,000. It is now back on the market less than a year later by another dealer for £15,000 less with the same mileage. Does make you wonder.....worth checking into!

Cheers,

David
    1999 3.2 Manual NA2 Targa in Formula Red

Also sat for ages at £40k before that!

Quote Originally Posted by NSX100 View Post
    Hi,

On paper it looks fine. However, for your information this car was advertised for sale by Plans in October last year for £75,000. It is now back on the market less than a year later by another dealer for £15,000 less with the same mileage. Does make you wonder.....worth checking into!

Cheers,

David

Without at least some information on when the car was for sale the prices are meaningless. The prices have changed hugely in the last few years, I am sure there are a number of cars which were purchased at would seem like a crazily low price now, but if that was 5 years ago it goes a long way to explaining it. Also no deatails on any work which had been done on the car. If Plans put the car up for sale but had a lot of jobs done to get it ready for sale that would also greatly affect the price. Either way, to make any meaningful comment on pricing requires more information IMO.

MC

It was advertised at £49991 in Feb 2015, and had 47000 miles on the clock, 3 owners and FHSH. So just 1000 miles in the interim.

Don't recall seeing an owner posting here, nor seeing at the (few) meets I've been to.

IMHO, if you are specifically after an auto, you have quite a buyers market at the moment.

I would not necessarily let the apparent price drop worry or put you off the car. The market is starting to correct and with prices beginning to drop, most dealers are now looking to sell more quickly, whereas previously the cars were potentially gaining value and they could justify asking more and holding out for a sale on the 'Investment' basis.
    Last edited by DaveM; 20-07-2017 at 06:31 PM.

7. Default

Thanks for everybody's input, I going to have a look at the car and if not this one will be joining you guys with a nice shiny NSX in the near future.

Cheers Phil

If you want to convert it to manual, I have a lot of the parts required

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    If you want to convert it to manual, I have a lot of the parts required
    And if you did this would be a bargain priced manual facelift car probably £25-30k cheaper than buying a manual.. Main difference would be 'only' having the 3.0ltr engine as opposed to the 3.2ltr but more driving involvement if you want that..