Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imports

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    ... as could a 6 speed box in a 3 litre car
    this tends to come up with cars that have been converted from automatic to manual. This in itself isn't a bad thing, however with less power than the manual, it may pose an issue for some.

To the OP this can be checked with the VIN number to see if it was an original manual car or not I had to pass on 3 or 4 cars that were perfect in my eyes but had been converted from auto to manual.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been somewhat under the weather and then on hols.
    Can anyone tell me how much the automatic is down on power and is there anything that can be done to bring it up to the manual spec please?
    Graham

auto although 'less' power has more bottom end torque, so swings and roundabouts.

always makes me giggle, this fascination for bhp... it's not like you're at WOT, at 7000rpm at all times to get the max bhp out of an engine!!

i've used my auto jdm daily for the last 12 years, for me it's perfect, daily usefulness, and can keep up when i want to.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

They may be a little down on power but count yourself lucky it isn't a red one...

Again Brian Long,manual 270 bhp at 7100 rpm,automatic 252bhp at 6600 rpm,torque both 210 lbs.ft at 5300 rpm this for early NA1 cars.

BHP sells cars, Torque wins races
    1996 NSX-T Auto
    1933 Talbot 105
    2011 Nissan Cube Rider

There are two types of people. Those who extrapolate from incomplete data.

Quote Originally Posted by pralognan View Post
    Again Brian Long,manual 270 bhp at 7100 rpm,automatic 252bhp at 6600 rpm,torque both 210 lbs.ft at 5300 rpm this for early NA1 cars.
    Absolutely.

More area under the torque curve.

Shirley a set of cams and a re-map (or manual ECU to go with the manual conversion) would extend the top end, for those of us who DO like to use all the revs. Chance to lose the boat-anchor exhaust manifolds while you're at it, too.

LJKS was probably right, though; one would ideally have a manual and a slushbox, according to one's requirements on that day!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12