Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One less NSX!

Unhappy One less NSX!

It's incredible what damage you can sustain just by sitting in traffic!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5006.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	13015  
    1991 Red/Black 1974 Triumph Trident T150V

Oops! Didn't mean to post under 2nd Gen NSX

[Kaz-kzukNA1: moved the entire thread to 1st Gen for you.]
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 13-05-2017 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added comment for moving the entire thread to 1st Gen.

Ouch! Sorry to see. From what I see it doesn't seem to be a structural damage. Hood, bumper face and headlight covers...

Ouch...chap behind you or a really careless idiot behind him?

Shouldn't be a write-off though, as that doesn't look structural. Still a major PITA for you...good luck with getting it sorted.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

Old lady two cars back didn't seem to brake at all. Not structural but plenty of damage back and front. Current estimate for parts without labour is £24,000 !!!

Crazy OEM prices, I know. Even the fitment of my new rear fender wasn't great at first regarding its high price - it was a shame.
    I've some 'as new' front parts here I'd let go for a fraction of their new price. Just let me know.

£24k? You've gotta be kidding me. Front and rear bumper assemblies, bonnet, headlamp covers (lamps OK?), probably front top cross-member, water bottle and possibly radiator too. Looking at the pic the boot floor and back-boxes of the exhaust might have taken a hit too. But even at HUK prices I'd struggle to top £12k there.

What am I missing?!?
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

I will find out on Monday why the costs seem so high and report back.

You have a lot of control over what your options are - dont let the insurance dictate - and dont let them write it off. You can ask to source used parts to bring the costs down for example.
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

You might have an option that the insurance pays you off while you keep the car. With the money you get from them it's up to you how you fix the car. Of course, the body shop is trying to raise the budget as the insurance pays. If you deal with them directly (without the insurance paying the bodyshop) you get the same job done but at a lower price tag. The only problem is when the body shop is trying to cheat on you with the total repair costs resulting higher than expected or they try to screw you. But if you don't trust the body shop that's a different aspect...it should be one that has knowledge on how to work with aluminium.

Small story: when my rear was bumped by someone his insurance had to pay the repair (about 10k). My body shop then tried to get another 500 quids out of me with trying to convince me that they had more hours than they were paid by the insurance company. Well, I refused to pay, mainly because the 10k bill filled a very calm period in their shop (January) and they still had their people to pay and find work for them (I gave them the car and told them to repair it whenever they want until spring). The other reason I refused was that I didn't get an advantage out of getting crashed at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast