Thread: Hi all, looking for a manual NA1

Default Hi all, looking for a manual NA1

Hi, can't see a 'welcome' type forum so figured I'd start a thread here whilst I get looking for an NSX.

I've had three attainable dream cars since I was a kid - the mk.2 MR2 (after seeing a yellow one on the motorway out the back of my mum's astra), the R32 Skyline GTR (thanks to being a playstation kid growing up in the 90s) and the NA1 NSX (also thanks to playing racing games a bit too much). I've owned quite a mix of cars, starting out in a crappy Corsa but moving onto VWs soon after where I learnt to get stuck in and ended up doing as many engine conversions as I could manage on a sixth form part-time Halfords pay packet. While I was at uni I picked up an MR2 for a year before it broke but that scratched the itch for RWD, and then three years ago I bought my R32 Skyline GTR. I still love that car but seeing how NSX prices are going it's time for me to move on and make the jump now or I can't see myself being able to afford my last attainable dream car if I wait much longer!

Here's the Skyline - currently up for sale to make space in the garage and partially fund the NSX. It's running standard boost so ~320bhp with some handling mods but pretty standard otherwise!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34331618932_20408c6c93_c.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	13006

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34331614502_3cf79e7047_c.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	13007

I'm trying to keep my options open with an NSX but I do want a manual NA1 - I'm not prepared to compromise there unless the price is good enough to enable a manual conversion and still be within my overall budget. Ideally it'd be red or white and pre-'92 but that's only if i was allowed to be very picky. If anyone is interested in shifting their NSX and fancies a go in a different sort of '90s weapon then let me know - I wouldn't be averse to a swap with large amounts of cash your way!

Cheers,
    Tom

How much are you after for the R32?

I do have an early NA1 manual which is near complete restoration, but maybe a bit much?
    Not another NSX project!
    Porsche 997 GT3
    Porsche 981 Boxster S
    BMW E46 M3
    1998 NA2 Midnight Purple Targa Manual - Gone - to Thailand
    1999 NA2 Kaiser Silver Manual Track Car - Gone - and found its true destiny on the race track
    1992 NA1 Sebring Silver Coupe Manual -
    Gone (although still in my showroom in storage)

3. Default

My red/black NA1 manual is just about to go for restore, I don't intend to spend months on it as I'd like it back for late summer. If you're still in the market let me know