Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midlands mini meet anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    328 is in the Solihull area and Mani's got a LBB '02+ in Leam - he's on here every so often...plus I think there's someone with a red facelift near Coventry, and mjames75 (one of the multi-NSX owners) has links to the B'ham area...not sure how often he gets up here.

Most of the rest of these reprobates are "dahn sarf", so we'll not see them venturing north of the Watford Gap without a local guide...

I may be able to rustle up a few decent petrolheads to head to Evenley (to be fair, there's a bunch of decent guys already attend...)
    SO do we have a date for this as I am a soft southerner but could make it
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Let's go for 4th June at Evenley, if that's OK ("from 9am" - usually winds up before 12), watch the 30-limit straight off the last r'bout as there's usually the local busybodies with their laser-gun).

I'll check if Squadron Leader's going to be there (that'll be 4 of us), and we can try and round up some of the others on here. Think Mike (sorepaws) is probably only 30-45mins from Evenley...

If anyone wants to convoy down there's a nice A-road run from Stratford across to Banbury*, or from Southam there's a gnarly-but-fun B-road route across to Silverstone (Priors Marston / Maidford / Blakesley), at which point you just swing back towards Brackley then left up the A43 hill... The B4525 is also worth a detour if it's early enough and you're near M40 J11 - my usual route to Silverstone.

PS - Geoff - don't tell anyone but I'm thoroughly southern too...I've been trying to infiltrate these odd Midlands types for 20 years...they MIGHT have twigged on the accent though!

* Looking at the map the split south to Bloxham / Kings Sutton might avoid all the boring / busy roads...not tried that before.
    "No man with a good car needs to be justified"

Blue '08 FD2 CTR - big, ITR-sized shoes to fill...
    Yellow '96 NSX 3.0 - oh was it worth the wait!
    Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...
    Blue '03 S2000 - SOLD, flawed but fun
    Blue '04 Focus TDCi Sport - SOLD, very good fun for a diesel!
    Black '00 ITR - SOLD, still missed
    Red '98 Civic VTi - SOLD, probably still bombproof

So I'm up for a bit of a convoy, from Coventry. Can meet up with anyone who's travelling past. What's the venue in Evenley ?
    Wix

It's the pub at the far-right corner of the village green. Gravel car-park at the back, small tarmac one at the front. Wander in, get cuppa and bacon butty, wander back outside, talk rubbish and look at the cars* on show.

* Seen everything from vintage stuff through post-war roadsters to a 488 Spider. Small-ish gathering usually - 12-20 cars.

Black '99 ITR - well, I had to have another one, the first was so much fun. Miss this one even more than #1...

My Jocklish accent covers my southern- ness very well.

For any other southerners planning to attend we ould meet at Oxford services on the M40 and pootle on up there together. Meet at about 0800-0815?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

6. Default

I shall be there and looking forward to it. I know of another recent NSX owner coming along too.

Cool...with a bit of luck we'll outnumber the Porsche drivers!

I think I'm going to end up missing this, sorry guys. Some good friends are emigrating in a couple of months and this weekend's possibly the last time we're going to get to see them...

Anyone travelling from the Coventry/Warwick area that wants to join up for the jaunt across to Evenly ?
    Wix

Some photos from todays small meet. Still, the best coloured cars turned up and we out did the Aston Martin turn out. Nice to meet the other NSX owners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3739.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	13033

Name:	IMAG3742.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	13034

Name:	IMAG3743.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	13035
    and I managed to break my drivers door handle, great, another part to the list !

Name:	IMAG3741.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	13036
    Wix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast