Thread: HELP....Favour Needed from Friendly NA2 owner

Default HELP....Favour Needed from Friendly NA2 owner

Hi All,
    I've dropped a major bo****** and bought some aftermarket wheels that won't clear my front calipers (around 8-10mm). I have various ideas to correct the problem, one of them being to fit the NA2 later model year caliper assys, as the caliper bracket is closer to the disc than the NA1's. Is there anyone within the Warwickshire/West Mids are be willing for me to try one of my wheels onto their NA2 car ? Obviously I'll travel and beer vouchers can be exchanged.

Message me if you're willing to help and save my embarrassment.
    Wix

Hi,

if you want to check the diferences between NA1 and NA2 calipers, you can check my NSX Prime thread here (post #46):
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...=1#post1587535

i upgraded to NA2 calipers and compared everything with photos

Thanks,
    Nuno

Thanks Nuno, I'll take a look.
    Wix

Would spacers not correct the problem? Just an idea as people have done similar on other cars

Probably what I will do but I'd like to cover all possible solutions.
    Wix

Blog Entries

Hi, Wix.
    Cant reply to your PM (I have problem accessing it due to the setup I have) and as far as I can tell, not something to be kept behind the door as PM so going to answer here.
    Next time, please use email.

The stud bolt is 12mm x 1.5pitch, not 1.25.
    The spline diameter has 2 steps. One at 12mm and the largest spline diameter is at 12.2 - 12.3mm.
    You need to check the number of spline though.

If you order spacer from well known manufacture such as H&R, they have the spacer with longer stud bolt spec designed for Honda.
    Depending on the spacer thickness, please use the hubcentric type spacer although I don't know the spec of your aftermarket wheel.

Kaz

Hi Kaz,
    Thanks for your reply.

I've found a supplier of wheel spacers and he's going to sort some correct extended studs.

http://wheelspacers.uk.com/index.php...ts-studs-.html

Fortunately, I also live in Coventry.

Cheers
    Wix