Thread: Coming to UK and will be looking to buy a local NSX to ship back to Australia.

Unregistered Guest

Default Coming to UK and will be looking to buy a local NSX to ship back to Australia.

Hi NSX lovers, I have been a fan of this marque since day1. They were a quarter of a million to buy new so no wonder we have only 137 locally sold cars in Australia. They hold their value here in Oz very well due to the fact they are so rare , they are so good and this country does not make it easy to bring a foreign rego car back in, if its less than 30 years old and the model was sold new here, that is.
    I have been watching prices online for years and they have gone back up since the new marvel was announced.
    I am interested in that 96 Silver T in Bedfordshire and the Plans high mileage red car. Both are cheaper cars which have been on the market for many months and therefore suspect, but I do need to keep under Australia's luxury car tax currently at 61000Aud / 38000BP
    Does anyone know anything about these particular cars that would help me.
    Regards Russell

I don't know anything about the 2 cars you mention but do know that Plans are very highly regarded in the UK.How are you going to get the car in to Australia? - I am intrigued! I thought that the only way to do this was to live in the UK (for example) for a year or more and bring the car back in as part of your household contents.I imported mine into NZ using a bit of legislation called the SIV quota, which I understand Oz doesn't have. Good luck in your quest - it will be worth it eventually.

You probably know all this, but Pistonheads has an Australian section that has a guide to importing:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...=139&t=1084574
    Last edited by NZNick; 22-03-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: more info
    December '99 GH-NA2 110 series - 6AS62 Type S in Monte Carlo Blue Pearl

3. Cool Thanks NZNick,

Yes Nick I have read Pistonheads guide most useful, and I can bring a car back home because my son is living in the UK for a couple of years so he will bring back the personal import car when he returns in 2018. The Plans people do seem to know their stuff, however the T is so rare here it would be very well received. Sorry my reply was so late I had to wait for activation of my account. I do want an NSX but if my budget wont get a decent NSX the Aston Martins are also much cheaper in UK than Oz. Just hoping someone in the forum may have taken a look at these two cars. Anyway should I become an NSX owner I will use this forum as its a no BS site , so well done.

Russell,
    I looked at and drove the Grey T last September.
    Very nice people but the car wasn't to the standard I was looking for - subsequently bought a 91 non T.
    Good luck.